Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Phoenix Area

Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:55:30 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

I was in Detroit on business last week. Getting from the airport out
to the Western 'burbs wasn't much fun. The roads were flooded right
up to the overpasses. Driving the 20mi. on surface streets took a
while (wasn't happy about driving them at 11:00 at night, either).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/19/2014 12:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

About an inch and a half here at the house; some areas around the Valley
got up to 5 inches, including areas 30 miles to the north of the city
limits signs. Several rescues from cars washed off the road, including
some drivers who went around barricades and dared to cross. Got a
Stupid Motorist law that'll have those guys paying for somebody saving
their hides. Morning rush hour was a mess - thank goodness I'm retired!

Another storm moving in right now (almost 8 pm), lots of thunder out
there, and rain coming down.

Matt
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/19/14, 8:55 PM, Matt wrote:
On 8/19/2014 12:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

About an inch and a half here at the house; some areas around the Valley
got up to 5 inches, including areas 30 miles to the north of the city
limits signs. Several rescues from cars washed off the road, including
some drivers who went around barricades and dared to cross. Got a
Stupid Motorist law that'll have those guys paying for somebody saving
their hides. Morning rush hour was a mess - thank goodness I'm retired!

Another storm moving in right now (almost 8 pm), lots of thunder out
there, and rain coming down.

Matt

Here in the Southwest we call those "turd floaters"
-BR

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Brewster" wrote in message
On 8/19/14, 8:55 PM, Matt wrote:
On 8/19/2014 12:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

About an inch and a half here at the house; some areas around the Valley
got up to 5 inches, including areas 30 miles to the north of the city
limits signs. Several rescues from cars washed off the road, including
some drivers who went around barricades and dared to cross. Got a
Stupid Motorist law that'll have those guys paying for somebody saving
their hides. Morning rush hour was a mess - thank goodness I'm retired!

Another storm moving in right now (almost 8 pm), lots of thunder out
there, and rain coming down.

Matt

Here in the Southwest we call those "turd floaters"

And toad stranglers.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Matt" wrote in message
b.com...
On 8/19/2014 12:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

About an inch and a half here at the house; some areas around the Valley
got up to 5 inches, including areas 30 miles to the north of the city
limits signs. Several rescues from cars washed off the road, including
some drivers who went around barricades and dared to cross. Got a Stupid
Motorist law that'll have those guys paying for somebody saving their
hides. Morning rush hour was a mess - thank goodness I'm retired!

Another storm moving in right now (almost 8 pm), lots of thunder out
there, and rain coming down.

And, next door, California can't seem to buy a drop.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Looks like the crick has risen a little too much,
too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

We had a good rain here in south Georgia. I have a goldfish pond in
the back yard. Two of them drowned.

--
 GW Ross

 Find out what you can't do and don't