Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Granite top project

My local restore (Habitat for Humanity) had a lot of scrap granite, many
2' x 2' and a 1.5" thick or so, $5.

Seems like there should be a small profit project in there somewhere.

I have no shortage of ideas for that, but am clueless about what might
sell for a small profit. I have a marble end table I've made and there
is granite tile in the kitchen, so I know it makes an indestructible top
and have a clue in how to work with it.

I tend to make one offs that I find interesting but wouldn't have
commercial appeal. What might be a nice project for this and the stack
of cypress I have?

Seems like Target and IKEA have relatively cheap kitchen carts covered:
http://www.target.com/p/granite-top-...t/-/A-11117074

And lots of stone end tables in the discount furniture stores.

Maybe something outdoors?

--
pentapus
Posted to rec.woodworking

"pentapus" wrote in message
[...]

Granite frame work assembly for a high speed low cutting force CNC machine?
Talk about dimensionally stable over a wide range of working environments.
.. LOL.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/20/2014 1:14 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"pentapus" wrote in message
[...]

I have a table on the deck made of cement blocks and a large tombstone,
I don't believe that it has moved a millimeter, no matter what!

--
pentapus
Posted to rec.woodworking

pentapus wrote:
My local restore (Habitat for Humanity) had a lot of scrap granite, many
2' x 2' and a 1.5" thick or so, $5.

Seems like there should be a small profit project in there somewhere.

I have no shortage of ideas for that, but am clueless about what might
sell for a small profit. I have a marble end table I've made and there
is granite tile in the kitchen, so I know it makes an indestructible top
and have a clue in how to work with it.

I tend to make one offs that I find interesting but wouldn't have
commercial appeal. What might be a nice project for this and the stack
of cypress I have?

Seems like Target and IKEA have relatively cheap kitchen carts covered:
http://www.target.com/p/granite-top-...t/-/A-11117074

And lots of stone end tables in the discount furniture stores.

Maybe something outdoors?

How about a granite dog house? A one-up on the three little pigs.

--
 GW Ross

 3 kinds of people: those who can
 count & those who can't.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"pentapus" wrote in message

My local restore (Habitat for Humanity) had a lot of scrap granite, many
2' x 2' and a 1.5" thick or so, $5.

Seems like there should be a small profit project in there somewhere.

I have no shortage of ideas for that, but am clueless about what might
sell for a small profit. I have a marble end table I've made and there
is granite tile in the kitchen, so I know it makes an indestructible top
and have a clue in how to work with it.

I tend to make one offs that I find interesting but wouldn't have
commercial appeal. What might be a nice project for this and the stack
of cypress I have?

Seems like Target and IKEA have relatively cheap kitchen carts covered:
http://www.target.com/p/granite-top-...t/-/A-11117074

And lots of stone end tables in the discount furniture stores.

Maybe something outdoors?

Bookends

--

dadiOH

Posted to rec.woodworking

"pentapus" wrote in message
[...]

There is a reason surface plates are usually made of granite. LOL.

Granite and what you don't know. Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 25 October 27th 07 07:25 AM
Granite Uses? Nehmo Home Repair 7 August 15th 05 02:13 AM
Granite Uses? Nehmo Home Ownership 7 August 15th 05 02:13 AM
granite [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 8th 05 04:44 PM
Granite Uses? Upscale Woodworking 0 July 27th 05 12:11 AM