Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can I bleach red oak so that it stains close to white oak?

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you stain it with black latex paint...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 20:51:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

If you stain it with black latex paint...

Right. Save the white latex paint for cherry.
Posted to rec.woodworking

You realize that red oak is lighter in color than white oak, right?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 6/11/2014 7:46 PM, wrote:

You realize that red oak is lighter in color than white oak, right?

Not when it's painted with black latex paint it ain't...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:lnb16r$41l$1
@dont-email.me:

Leon wrote:
On 6/11/2014 7:46 PM, wrote:

You realize that red oak is lighter in color than white oak, right?

Not when it's painted with black latex paint it ain't...

Why not simply use a rattle can?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:53:15 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Leon wrote:
On 6/11/2014 7:46 PM, wrote:

You realize that red oak is lighter in color than white oak, right?

Not when it's painted with black latex paint it ain't...

Hold on now. All I want to know is which one of you two is Abbot and
which one is Costello... or is it Moe and Larry?