Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Old Craftsman 10" Bandsaw

I have an old Craftsman bandsaw that I need the trunnion for. I am trying to fix this tool and give it to a retired guy with a very limited fixed income. The trunnion is beyond repair and I have had no luck in trying to find a replacement part. The model number 133.244510 and the trunnion part #69178. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to rec.woodworking

If it old enough, try asking at www.owwm.org BOYD forum (bring out your
dead) if any one has one for sale.

Another option is have it casting made by the Cattail Foundry in
Pennsylvania. Info on them can be found on owwm.org as well.

Mike in Ohio

I have an old Craftsman bandsaw that I need the trunnion for. I am trying to fix this tool and give it to a retired guy with a very limited fixed income. The trunnion is beyond repair and I have had no luck in trying to find a replacement part. The model number 133.244510 and the trunnion part #69178. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, May 16, 2014 9:28:09 AM UTC-5, Electric146 wrote: I have an old Craftsman bandsaw that I need the trunnion for. I am trying to fix this tool and give it to a retired guy with a very limited fixed income. The trunnion is beyond repair and I have had no luck in trying to find a replacement part. The model number 133.244510 and the trunnion part #69178. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the suggstions.. The part is broken between the guide and where it bolts to the table, there is also a piece missing so I doubt it will can be welded. I'll probably just scrap the entire thing if I don't find something soon. I was ust trying to help the old guy old out.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 5/17/2014 7:19 AM, Electric146 wrote:
Thanks for the suggstions.. The part is broken between the guide and

where it bolts to the table, there is also a piece missing so I doubt it
will can be welded. I'll probably just scrap the entire thing if I don't
find something soon. I was ust trying to help the old guy old out.

I'd ask if he wants to carry on the search if you donate the carcass
before just tossing it...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric146 wrote:

Thanks for the suggstions.. The part is broken between the guide and
where it bolts to the table, there is also a piece missing so I doubt
it will can be welded. I'll probably just scrap the entire thing if
I don't find something soon. I was ust trying to help the old guy
old out.

Maybe yes and maybe no. If you can find a local machine shop you will be
surprised at what they can do/fabricate. Things that look to be damaged
beyond repair are most often not. Do as you chose, but at least be advised
that there are options and they are likely not to be prohibitively
expensive. Do as you wish.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2014 10:27 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Electric146 wrote:

Thanks for the suggstions.. The part is broken between the guide and
where it bolts to the table, there is also a piece missing so I doubt
it will can be welded. I'll probably just scrap the entire thing if
I don't find something soon. I was ust trying to help the old guy
old out.

Maybe yes and maybe no. If you can find a local machine shop you will be
surprised at what they can do/fabricate. Things that look to be damaged
beyond repair are most often not. Do as you chose, but at least be advised
that there are options and they are likely not to be prohibitively
expensive. Do as you wish.

Or some JB Weld. IIRC those trunnions, at least the one on my old
Craftsman was aluminum.

Old Craftsman bandsaw... Brian Woodworking 6 February 27th 07 04:07 AM
New Craftsman bandsaw Dick Snyder Woodworking 7 November 17th 06 01:15 AM
Craftsman/Dayton bandsaw rlb40 Woodworking 2 February 1st 05 06:29 PM
Old craftsman bandsaw Rob-J Woodworking 10 February 24th 04 08:19 AM
Craftsman 12" bandsaw - help Gary Woodworking 2 December 26th 03 10:28 PM