Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

While watching Delta Force for the 23rd time, I saw an ad from a law firm going after table saw manufacturers. They showed injuries such as missing digits and nasty cuts with many stitches...the narrative from a pretty blonde that said manufacturers did not want you to know there were preventative measures available and these saw companies could be held accountable for your injuries. They showed and named the only saw I am aware of that will prevent many of these injuries. It may be just me but it seems like a suitable comparison would be going after an automaker that did not provide airbags before they were required by law. I guess miter saws are next. Should have seen this coming when McDonalds was successfully sued for selling hot coffee. I am aware of the argument that a brake cartridge is a small price to pay for safety but wonder if other woodworkers don't share my opinion that safe operation of any saw is the responsibility of the operator, no matter when their device was made and sold. Certainly no slap at SawStop...wish I had one. Wish I had a lot of new tools.