Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Porter Cable Pancake Compreesor

Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/14/2014 6:50 PM, Markem wrote:
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

I would think a universal pressure switch would be readily available.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

Should just require a new pressure switch. Dirt cheap. It does not have to
be OEM.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:25:44 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Markem wrote:
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

Should just require a new pressure switch. Dirt cheap. It does not have to
be OEM.

"dirt" cheap is often truer than you think. Make sure the mechaism of
the switch isn't packed full of shop dust. I've seen several (not
necessarilly PC, but PC doesn't make their own pressure switch anyway)
that just needed a good blowing out to restore function.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/14/2014 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

There should be a switch you can adjust with a screw driver, or wrench..
There is a spring loading, you just loosen the screw to lower the cutoff
pressure. That's how they all work.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Markem" wrote in message
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

You just need to work faster so it never builds that much pressure.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:17:27 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Markem" wrote in message
.. .
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

You just need to work faster so it never builds that much pressure.

If I hook it up to impact wrench that will work, just have to get a
good rhythm going between nails.

Actually an assembly is available from PC at $31 including shipping,
but might try adjusting it first as someone suggested.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/14/2014 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

Same problem....

Repair shops tell me they are a real p.o.s.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
On 4/14/2014 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:
Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and
keeps on running.

So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix
it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?

Same problem....

Repair shops tell me they are a real p.o.s.

So, what is the recommended replacement?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Porter Cable Pancake Compressor

Generic pressure control valve. Available at electrical supply houses,
online, in catalogs, northern supply, maybe even lows. Just look for them.
Screw right on.
--
Jim in NC

---