Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Band saw

I'm apprehensive to purchase Craftsman products but came across this ad
for a band saw in Craigslist and wanted opinions.

What say the experts?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/4417181726.html

Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/11/2014 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

No bargain at that price...

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?prdNo=26&blockNo=26&blockType=G26

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
On 4/11/2014 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

No bargain at that price...

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?prdNo=26&blockNo=26&blockType=G26

Sometimes you just have to wonder why peope don't just do the simple google
search before posting questions. The world is getting more and more lazy...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2014 2:53 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 4/11/2014 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

No bargain at that price...

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?prdNo=26&blockNo=26&blockType=G26

Sometimes you just have to wonder why peope don't just do the simple google
search before posting questions. The world is getting more and more lazy...

Perhaps because some people wanted opinions on Craftsman bandsaws and
not the price. I'll admit to error in lack of clarification of my
intnent, but I wanted to know the opinions of Craftman products,
specifically the bandsaw.

I sometimes wonder why people just don't use spell check when typing on
their computer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
On 4/11/2014 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

No bargain at that price...

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?prdNo=26&blockNo=26&blockType=G26

Sometimes you just have to wonder why peope don't just do the simple
google search before posting questions. The world is getting more
and more lazy...

Perhaps because some people wanted opinions on Craftsman bandsaws and
not the price. I'll admit to error in lack of clarification of my
intnent, but I wanted to know the opinions of Craftman products,
specifically the bandsaw.

Fair enough, but people are going to respond to what you post. None of us
are mind readers. Your original post simply asked "what say the experts".
That leaves a lot of room for interpretation of your question. I'm sorry if
I misunderstood, but for whatever reason, I took that to mean a question of
how appropriate the asking price was. Perhaps I was wrong.

I sometimes wonder why people just don't use spell check when typing
on their computer.

???

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, April 11, 2014 12:55:15 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw. Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

According to Sears, it's a "Hot Buy", at $359. http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-in...a=00932607000P

The machine made in China. The price is made in USA.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/11/2014 3:06 PM, Meanie wrote:

Perhaps because some people wanted opinions on Craftsman bandsaws and
not the price. I'll admit to error in lack of clarification of my
intnent, but I wanted to know the opinions of Craftman products,
specifically the bandsaw.

Don't know the particular one, specifically, but it's what it is--one of
the Chinese knockoffs similar to the Jet/Grizzly/etc./etc.

I've seen some reviews of earlier version that rated it as a good buy
for price compared to Jet/Delta but lighter and obviously why was less.

I've a _very_ old 10" Craftsman that's been adequate for what it is...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:55:15 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

Looks a lot like:

http://www.rikontools.com/productpage_10-321.htm

A lot of Sears bandsaws are rebadged Rikons. I've got:

http://www.amazon.com/Rikon-10-325-1.../dp/B002FL3ZFY

and am happy with it, but don't know much about the other models.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/14, 12:51 PM, Meanie wrote:
I'm apprehensive to purchase Craftsman products but came across this ad
for a band saw in Craigslist and wanted opinions.

What say the experts?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/4417181726.html

Thanks

Nowhere close to that price.
Their new ones are $350 or thereabouts and about the same quality.
10 yrs old? $200 in *pristine condition.*

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/14, 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

Oops, ok, so those are the new ones I referred to in my first reply to
your wrong link.
They are $360, new and that mobile base is 40 bucks new. He's trying to
get you to take them off him for what he paid. BS.

It doesn't matter if you just walked out of the store with an item boxed
up and the receipt in your hand. It's USED. Might be "like new"
condition, but USED nonetheless.

Like New, means mint condition. In mint condition, you start at 75%
street price, which would be $300 for the package. The saw in those
pictures has sawdust all over it, which mean it's not "Like New." I
would shoot for $250 and try to meet somewhere under $275.

If you're willing to pay $400 for a bandsaw, the Rikon from woodcraft is
a much better saw, IMO. Or the Grizzley for a bit over 4 bills.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote in message ...
I'm apprehensive to purchase Craftsman products but came across this ad
for a band saw in Craigslist and wanted opinions.

What say the experts?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/4417181726.html

Thanks

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-15...1400/202269178

$399 brand new, and it's a decent small band saw if you take the time to
read the manual and set it up properly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
On 4/11/2014 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.

Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html

No bargain at that price...

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?prdNo=26&blockNo=26&blockType=G26

Sometimes you just have to wonder why peope don't just do the simple
google
search before posting questions. The world is getting more and more
lazy...

Perhaps because some people wanted opinions on Craftsman bandsaws and not
the price. I'll admit to error in lack of clarification of my intnent, but
I wanted to know the opinions of Craftman products, specifically the
bandsaw.

I sometimes wonder why people just don't use spell check when typing on
their computer.

You mean like the way you misspelled Crapsman?

Sorry, I don't think much of sears power tools.

See I responded appropriately to two things for you.