Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Freud 8" super dado oversized teeth

..
I recently purchased the Freud 8" super dado set sd508. I noticed that my
3/4" dado quite a bit bigger and sloppier than it should have been. I
looked at the teeth seemed oversized and found that to be true when I
measured them with an electronic caliper.
outside chippers were .133-.136 instead of .125
1/8" chippers .188 instead of .125
1/16" chipper .128 instead of .0625
3/32" chipper .153 instead of .09375
I don't believe these are within the expected tolerances - is this
"normal"? I've emailed Freud about it also.

Freud Diablo 8" Stacked Dado: A+ -MIKE- Woodworking 0 November 9th 10 03:37 AM
Freud Dado Blades k Woodworking 11 July 18th 08 03:07 PM
New Freud 8" dial-a width dado on Ebay Steve Thayer Woodworking 1 February 9th 06 03:11 PM
Freud Dado Set MSCHAEF.COM Woodworking 25 February 11th 05 12:37 PM
Freud "Dial a Dado" Query, also 6" v 8" dado question... john moorhead Woodworking 4 November 12th 03 09:35 PM