Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Youbo Bench Extensions

Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 09:25:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

Email Lee Valley and ask them. If they don't know, they will find out
for you. Their customer service is top notch.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2014 8:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

LOL, What is today?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 09:00:08 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

LOL, What is today?

This afternoon, think I'll email Lee Valley customer service and see
how many questions they got about the Youbo.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2014 9:00 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/1/2014 8:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

LOL, What is today?

Didn't even have to look to know what it was: The date, Ed, and LV all
add up to no good.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

I thought the "free" package of 10 dog holes was the clincher ;-)

wrote:
On 4/1/2014 9:00 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/1/2014 8:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

LOL, What is today?

Didn't even have to look to know what it was: The date, Ed, and LV all
add up to no good.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Posted to rec.woodworking

it's nice they give you ten extra dog holes for FREE!!!!!

On 4/1/2014 9:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
Ed Pawlowski writes:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

I wonder if it integrates well with the Woodcraft Splinter(TM).
http://www.woodcraft.com/offers/aprilfools.aspx

--
Drew Lawson For it's not the fall, but landing,
That will alter your social standing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:05:04 -0400, geoff [email protected] wrote:

it's nice they give you ten extra dog holes for FREE!!!!!

Yeah, that's the kicker. Lee Valley doesn't give *ANYTHING* away. ;-)

On 4/1/2014 9:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo?
I'd like to go a bit longer.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=71736&c=

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
alexy writes:

And did anyone else react that some of the things they showed in the
video really would be easier if done standing, with the workpiece near
eye level?

Many of the April Fools products are pretty good ideas. At least
one -- the "Story Tape" (blank tape measure) -- ended up being added
as a real product.

This one has some details that may well end up in a lot of shops.

--
|Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| | The chickens are revolting! |

Posted to rec.woodworking

alexy wrote in :

The "gravity included" feature of the dust collection system was also
a hint.

I liked the STORE tool chest shown in the video!

And did anyone else react that some of the things they showed in the
video really would be easier if done standing, with the workpiece near
eye level?

I thought about that a couple times, as I secured a workpiece in a vise
yesterday. Sometimes vertical is a great way to go for working.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 02 Apr 2014 16:54:38 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

alexy wrote in :

The "gravity included" feature of the dust collection system was also
a hint.

I liked the STORE tool chest shown in the video!

And did anyone else react that some of the things they showed in the
video really would be easier if done standing, with the workpiece near
eye level?

I thought about that a couple times, as I secured a workpiece in a vise
yesterday. Sometimes vertical is a great way to go for working.

Unlike many hobbies, with woodworking, gravity is usually your friend.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo? I'd
like to go a bit longer.

After you've been doing woodworking a bit longer, my young friend, you'll no
doubt find that you don't need crutches like that to get you past the
limitations of your current skill level. Guillaume-Robert, or for that
matter any old-timer who grew up using his remarkable bench, would tell you
that even one extension would fall into the category of what we today call a
training wheel.

;-)

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote

A couple of decades ago, I knocked a knife off the bench at work. I
instinctively jumped, spread my feet apart and raised my hands above
the table. A cow-orker remarked that my reactions "weren't natural".
"Everyone else would reach to grab the knife to stop it from falling."
Screw the knife, and the floor. ;-)

I did the opposite, kinda'.

I was re-installing a set of planner blades in a 20 Powermatic in the ag
shop, and re-adjusting them. A wrench or something was sitting up on the
top of the planner, and students were gathered around learning to at least
appreciate what it took to set up a planner. One of them bumped the
[whatever] and it was about to hit the newly sharpened and honed blade. I
tried to grab it, and in doing so, ran my knuckle along 3 or 4 inches of
blade. About 3 stitches, as I recall, almost to the bone.

I did keep from getting the blade nicked, though! It was all instinct,
unfortunately.
--
Jim in NC

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/4/2014 11:59 AM, Morgans wrote:

[...]

Nice save..
That's not a nice place for stitches.. no meat there.

--
Jeff