Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leon's Cabinets - Plus

I still can't reply on Leon's thread. ... error message.

Karl wrote:
Beautifully done, as usual.

Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to

describe your sterling work, Bubba.

Leonized. Leonated. Leonism. Leonogical (Leonogically).

Bubbalated: When applicable, a reference to steam bending wood, via bubbled water.

I finished the face frames for my walnut bathroom corner cabinets. They are ready to install. I was on a roll, had the walnut already pulled out (from the bath cabinet project), so I decided to cut the face frames for the entertainment center and did the fluting work. Spent 4 hours doing that, when I realize the entertainment center is made of cherry. Arrgh!

What's the adjective(s) for that mental lapse?

Great job, Leon.
Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Karl wrote:
Beautifully done, as usual.

Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to

describe your sterling work, Bubba.

Leonized. Leonated. Leonism. Leonogical (Leonogically).

Hummmm

Bubbalated: When applicable, a reference to steam bending wood, via bubbled water.

I finished the face frames for my walnut bathroom corner cabinets. They are ready to install. I was on a roll, had the walnut already pulled out (from the bath cabinet project), so I decided to cut the face frames for the entertainment center and did the fluting work. Spent 4 hours doing that, when I realize the entertainment center is made of cherry. Arrgh!

Cherry and walnut go very very very well together. Swingman can show an
example of a Hope Chest that he built for his daughter. Great piece!

What's the adjective(s) for that mental lapse?

Great job, Leon.
Sonny

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

Karl wrote:
Beautifully done, as usual.

Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to

describe your sterling work, Bubba.

Leonized. Leonated. Leonism. Leonogical (Leonogically).

Ahhhh..., yes, hmmmmm..., Ok, how about a historical reference?
Leonardo de Bubba!!

Bubbalated: When applicable, a reference to steam bending wood, via
bubbled water.

I finished the face frames for my walnut bathroom corner cabinets. They
are ready to install. I was on a roll, had the walnut already pulled out
(from the bath cabinet project), so I decided to cut the face frames for
the entertainment center and did the fluting work. Spent 4 hours doing
that, when I realize the entertainment center is made of cherry. Arrgh!

What's the adjective(s) for that mental lapse?

Walnutted, noun, wallnutting, adverb, Applying walnut to EVERYTHING!
Whether it moves or not.

But as Leon pointed out, walnut can go well with cherry. Remember the old
craftsman maxim, it ain't a defect, it is a FEATURE! Also, you always have
a good back story for the feature. Something like this;

Well, I just happened to have some real pretty walnut in the garage and
thought it would look nice on the entertainment center. And it does! It
contrasts nicely with the cherry. Enjoy it while you can because the cherry
will darken with age and they will become much more similar after awhile.
Such is the nature of wood and craftsmanship.

Remember the necessary qualities to be a craftsman. Tools, skills, quality
materials, lots of jigs and good story telling ability. (I am being
incredibly diplomatic on that last item.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/17/2014 2:51 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Leonardo de Bubba

Righteous!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 3/17/2014 2:51 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Leonardo de Bubba

Righteous!

Can't we just settle for "Leonardo", informally. I'm not sure I can
make myself type out the rest.. : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2014 5:35 PM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 3/17/2014 2:51 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Leonardo de Bubba

Righteous!

Can't we just settle for "Leonardo", informally. I'm not sure I can
make myself type out the rest.. : )

Nope! It has to be the full name.

Or you might become Billy Bob d'Bubba! ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 3/18/2014 5:35 PM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 3/17/2014 2:51 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Leonardo de Bubba

Righteous!

Can't we just settle for "Leonardo", informally. I'm not sure I can
make myself type out the rest.. : )

Nope! It has to be the full name.

Or you might become Billy Bob d'Bubba! ;~)

Please, not that. It would take too long to sign my furniture. Did you
sign your new cabinets?
Leonardo de Cabinetman & Bubba? : )

Ping Leon Sonny Woodworking 6 August 24th 13 09:42 AM
Ping Leon Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 1 February 22nd 13 05:44 AM
Ping: Leon Dave[_52_] Woodworking 16 April 18th 12 04:13 PM
Leon's Desk... (ping Leon) Morris Dovey Woodworking 8 July 29th 08 01:49 PM
Ping Leon. stoutman Woodworking 16 March 2nd 06 05:13 AM