Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where have all the flowers gone?

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.
Posted to rec.woodworking

One of the Most Brilliant Blooms to leave us.
john

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote ...

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

Yep, he was an iconic songwriter. Although reasonably proficient as a
performer, many artists did tremendous interpretations of his songs. They
sounded a lot better than he did! But the words were his. The songs were
his. Almost all folk singers and many pop artists sang his songs.

How many of his songs were used in a movie? Etc., etc. I did not know he
was still alive. He lived into his 90's. I did not know that music was
that healthy!

I saw a thing on the net of 7 iconic Pete Seeger songs performed by him. I
only really liked one of them because when he sang the song, I heard another
version in my head that was more famous and had a better sound.

I appreciate the fact that he was a great songwriter. He must have been a
proud papa to have so many people perform his songs. It probably helped his
cash flow too.

So long Pete. They broke the mold when they made you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
[...]

I agree - I have never been a Pete Seeger fan. I like the stuff he wrote,
but I could just never warm to him or to his performance of his stuff.
Others did a better job with things he wrote in my opinion. But - Pete was
a functional part of Americana and change back in the day when we were all
trying to change things. He was a key part of the evolution of our
thinking - for the better or for the worse, he was a part of it. We need
those kinds of people regardless of whether what they propose is where we
should be going or not. At least they are the voices that are awakening
thoughts.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Larry Blanchard
wrote:

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

Not a bad guy for a commie.

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

In addition to all the songs he wrote and sang, he had the sailing
sloop "Clearwater" built and used it to get the Clean water act
enacted over the veto of Nixon in 1972 and was very instrumental
in cleaning up there Hudson river.

Got a couple of Pete's CDs cued up tonight.

Time to stop and smell the roses in his honor.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:32:55 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

In addition to
all the songs he wrote and sang, he had the sailing sloop "Clearwater"
built and used it to get the Clean water act enacted over the veto of
Nixon in 1972 and was very instrumental in cleaning up there Hudson
river.

I saw mention of naming the new bridge across the Hudson after him. Hope
they do.

Got a couple of Pete's CDs cued up tonight.

I spent an hour or two last night listening to him on Youtube.

--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/28/2014 10:32 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

In addition to all the songs he wrote and sang, he had the sailing
sloop "Clearwater" built and used it to get the Clean water act
enacted over the veto of Nixon in 1972 and was very instrumental
in cleaning up there Hudson river.

Got a couple of Pete's CDs cued up tonight.

Time to stop and smell the roses in his honor.

Lew

Does any one no what happened to the Clearwater. It was a beautiful boat.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Keith Nuttle" wrote:

Does any one no what happened to the Clearwater. It was a beautiful
boat.

As far as I know, it is still in service and berthed on the Hudson.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

In addition to all the songs he wrote and sang, he had the sailing
sloop "Clearwater" built and used it to get the Clean water act
enacted over the veto of Nixon in 1972 and was very instrumental
in cleaning up there Hudson river.

Got a couple of Pete's CDs cued up tonight.

Time to stop and smell the roses in his honor.

Lew

Does any one no what happened to the Clearwater. It was a beautiful boat.

http://www.clearwater.org/

Share feelings for Mexico along with flowers smruti patel Metalworking 0 January 3rd 13 04:50 AM
Flowers Norminn Home Repair 0 May 13th 12 10:56 PM
In Lieu Of Flowers....................... ChairMan[_2_] Woodworking 6 May 19th 11 04:38 AM
FLOWERS jai Metalworking 0 August 8th 08 06:11 AM
Rose Has No Flowers beverly3425 Home Ownership 0 May 31st 07 12:49 AM