Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Where have all the flowers gone?

"Larry Blanchard" wrote ...

Pete Seeger 1919-2014

Yep, he was an iconic songwriter. Although reasonably proficient as a
performer, many artists did tremendous interpretations of his songs. They
sounded a lot better than he did! But the words were his. The songs were
his. Almost all folk singers and many pop artists sang his songs.

How many of his songs were used in a movie? Etc., etc. I did not know he
was still alive. He lived into his 90's. I did not know that music was
that healthy!

I saw a thing on the net of 7 iconic Pete Seeger songs performed by him. I
only really liked one of them because when he sang the song, I heard another
version in my head that was more famous and had a better sound.

I appreciate the fact that he was a great songwriter. He must have been a
proud papa to have so many people perform his songs. It probably helped his
cash flow too.

So long Pete. They broke the mold when they made you.