Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Silicone glue brushes

Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?

Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodchucker" wrote:

Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?

Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.

I bought them in 100 piece lots.

Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.

Lew

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?
Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.
I bought them in 100 piece lots.
Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.
Lew

OK ... I'll bite - what are chip brushes ?
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

OK ... I'll bite - what are chip brushes ?

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...q=chip+brushes

... Thanks . same as these .. ?
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,190,43034

Except for the price.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...

Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.

I bought them in 100 piece lots.

Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.

Lew

And epoxy will *definitely* pull the bristles out of them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?
Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Wait till Spring when WALMART puts out their Spring merchandise.

You will be able to buy that ROCKLER silicone glue brush for about
1/2 the price at WALMART.

The only difference is that WALMART sells it as a bar-b-que sauce
basting brush.

ROCKLER, my last choice supplier.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodcraft now has a silicon brush for $1.99. Comes in colors, too.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote:

Woodcraft now has a silicon brush for $1.99. Comes in colors, too.

Larry

Compared to a 2" chip brush, doubt it's worth a hoot for laying epoxy.

With even the best price multiple of 6:1, not worth serious
consideration
IMHO.

BTW, a silicone brush doesn't make a very good bar-b-cue brush IMHO.

Can't comment how it works with TiteBond.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/22/2014 11:19 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

Woodcraft now has a silicon brush for $1.99. Comes in colors, too.

Larry

Compared to a 2" chip brush, doubt it's worth a hoot for laying epoxy.

With even the best price multiple of 6:1, not worth serious
consideration
IMHO.

BTW, a silicone brush doesn't make a very good bar-b-cue brush IMHO.

Can't comment how it works with TiteBond.

Lew

The silicone brushes work great with the PVA glues. They actually hold
quite a bit of glue, the Woodcraft one, just long enough for it to flow
out onto the work. Easy to clean and if you forget to clean it the
dried glue pulls off with a bit of effort. Mine has helped me glue up
about 9 pieces of furniture in the last year, not bad for $2.
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?

Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Apparently no one has tried one for that. If you do try it, let us
know how it works out.

--
 GW Ross

 Everyone is gifted, but some open the
 package sooner.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tried the One from Rockler. Some of the bristles came off with the glue.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2014 6:19 PM, hairdad wrote:
Tried the One from Rockler. Some of the bristles came off with the glue.

with yellow or epoxy?

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tite bond 3

Posted to rec.woodworking

hairdad wrote:
Tite bond 3

Meaning... what?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/26/2014 2:46 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
hairdad wrote:
Tite bond 3

Meaning... what?

That was in my request about epoxy.
He said he pulls the bristles off.
I asked what glue..

No one answered the epoxy question...
Everyone answers everything but..

Think I'll stick to the polypropylene glue brushes for epoxy, or the
acid brushes.... Was just trying to leverage these brushes which I
really like for yellow and white glue. I just stick them in water when
done..

The acid brushes always rusted after a while, and held the water too much.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?
Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Wait till Spring when WALMART puts out their Spring merchandise.

You will be able to buy that ROCKLER silicone glue brush for about
1/2 the price at WALMART.

The only difference is that WALMART sells it as a bar-b-que sauce
basting brush.

ROCKLER, my last choice supplier.

Lew

I use the $1.98 silicone brush from Woodcrafter with 30 min epoxy works
great. lit it dry overnight and the epoxy pulls right off the brush

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/30/2014 4:13 AM, Marty Giblin wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy?
Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?
Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Wait till Spring when WALMART puts out their Spring merchandise.

You will be able to buy that ROCKLER silicone glue brush for about
1/2 the price at WALMART.

The only difference is that WALMART sells it as a bar-b-que sauce
basting brush.

ROCKLER, my last choice supplier.

Lew

I use the $1.98 silicone brush from Woodcrafter with 30 min epoxy works
great. lit it dry overnight and the epoxy pulls right off the brush

Finally an answer.. Thank you.

--
Jeff