Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Woodworking Shows

I see that The Woodworking Shows is offeringpaid ($50) "educational
seminars" this year in addition to free ones. That includes admission to
the show. By the way, you can get a $2 discount on admission to the
show by purchasing your ticket online using the code MAPLE(it was in the
latest issue of FWW).

If anyone has attended one of these educational seminars already, maybe
they are willing to comment on how it went?

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote in :

I see that The Woodworking Shows is offeringpaid ($50) "educational
seminars" this year in addition to free ones. That includes admission to
the show. By the way, you can get a $2 discount on admission to the
show by purchasing your ticket online using the code MAPLE(it was in the
latest issue of FWW).

If anyone has attended one of these educational seminars already, maybe
they are willing to comment on how it went?

That used to be a regular feature at the WWS up until about six or seven years ago. I attended
one of those seminars in about 2004 at the Indianapolis show, on making cabinets, taught by
Marc Adams, and found it to be tremendously useful. Adams is a very good teacher.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Bill wrote in :

I see that The Woodworking Shows is offeringpaid ($50) "educational
seminars" this year in addition to free ones. That includes admission to
the show. By the way, you can get a $2 discount on admission to the
show by purchasing your ticket online using the code MAPLE(it was in the
latest issue of FWW).

If anyone has attended one of these educational seminars already, maybe
they are willing to comment on how it went?

That used to be a regular feature at the WWS up until about six or seven years ago. I attended
one of those seminars in about 2004 at the Indianapolis show, on making cabinets, taught by
Marc Adams, and found it to be tremendously useful. Adams is a very good teacher.

I remember now some advise that I got from teacher(in the music
field)--to pay for lessons which would help (me to) accomplish a
specific need/goal, rather than more "general" techniques. That was
assuming one was willing to "read", to keep expanding one's horizons.
Of course, besides its practical value, it's hard to argue that part of
a seminar like this is it's entertainment value. Even the local
instrument store, which gives music lessons, explained to me that they
are in the "edu-tainment" business. He said that people who want to
learn "advanced" music theory go take it in college. College, here, may
equate to the Marc Adams School of Woodworking...or others. I only
mention that school since it's less than 20 miles from me.

Woodworking Shows Ron S Woodworking 1 September 8th 06 12:56 AM
Woodworking shows [email protected] Woodworking 16 February 28th 06 05:46 AM
Woodworking Shows Chuck Woodworking 6 January 4th 06 09:19 PM
Woodworking shows [email protected] Woodturning 2 January 3rd 05 02:18 PM
New woodworking shows Herbert Robinson Woodworking 3 July 15th 03 04:37 PM