Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Yawn

Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

--
 GW Ross

 A Puritan is someone who is deathly
 afraid that someone somewhere is
 having fun.

Posted to rec.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

That didn't come out like I meant it. I meant that I don't let them
use me for free advertising.

--
 GW Ross

 A Puritan is someone who is deathly
 afraid that someone somewhere is
 having fun.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 02:24:22 -0500, "G. Ross"
I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

That didn't come out like I meant it. I meant that I don't let them
use me for free advertising.

Aren't you advertising it by saying that you also use it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2013 2:24 AM, G. Ross wrote:
G. Ross wrote:
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---
protection is active.

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

That didn't come out like I meant it. I meant that I don't let them use
me for free advertising.

It appeared after I started using it and I cannot find it to delete. If
you can offer suggestions to remove it, I'll be more than willing to do so.

I use Thunderbird and it's not in my signature line.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware
because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

That didn't come out like I meant it. I meant that I
don't let them use me for free advertising.

It appeared after I started using it and I cannot find it
to delete. If you can offer suggestions to remove it, I'll be more than
willing to do so.

There used to be a place to turn off the mail sig but I don't see it in
v2014. Possibly, turn off the mail shield, it serves no purpose...it is
redundant.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

Test

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

"G. Ross" wrote in message
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---
protection is active.

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

There are different versions of Avasti. You pay more money, they don't spam
everybody.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

"G. wrote in message
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---
protection is active.

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

There are different versions of Avasti. You pay more money, they don't spam
everybody.

I use the free version of Avast.

--
 GW Ross

 A Puritan is someone who is deathly
 afraid that someone somewhere is
 having fun.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2013 9:08 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"G. wrote in message
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---
protection is active.

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

There are different versions of Avasti. You pay more money, they
don't spam
everybody.

I use the free version of Avast.

I also use the free version which I assume is why it's there and one
reason why I simply decided to tolerate it after failing to discover how
to delete it.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

"G. wrote in message
Meanie wrote:
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Things will change next year.

---
protection is active.

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

There are different versions of Avasti. You pay more money, they
don't spam
everybody.

I use the free version of Avast.

I also use the free version which I assume is why it's there and one
reason why I simply decided to tolerate it after failing to discover how
to delete it.

---
protection is active.

You can clear it, fire up the Avast UI. (thinks works for v9.x free)
Settings-Active Protection - Mail - (Click on the gear) - Behaviour
- Uncheck Insert note into clean outgoing.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

"G. wrote in message
Meanie wrote:
[...]

Woohoo, that did it. I assume that's what dadiOH was referring to also.
In mail, there's an option which I overlooked in mail shield "scan
newsgroup message". I unchecked it and that was it.

Thank you both.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote in message

You can clear it, fire up the Avast UI. (thinks works
for v9.x free) Settings-Active Protection - Mail - (Click on the
gear) - Behaviour - Uncheck Insert
note into clean outgoing.

test

Woohoo, that did it. I assume that's what dadiOH was
referring to also. In mail, there's an option which I
overlooked in mail shield "scan newsgroup message". I
unchecked it and that was it.
Thank you both.

I'm glad you got it reconciled but that's not exactly what I suggested (same
net effect though). I suggested turning OFF the mail shield entirely. Why?
Not needed.

It isn't needed even if you frequent the warez sites because anything you
download gets scanned before opening anyway by the file system shield.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/31/2013 12:21 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Meanie" wrote in message

You can clear it, fire up the Avast UI. (thinks works
for v9.x free) Settings-Active Protection - Mail - (Click on the
gear) - Behaviour - Uncheck Insert
note into clean outgoing.
test

Woohoo, that did it. I assume that's what dadiOH was
referring to also. In mail, there's an option which I
overlooked in mail shield "scan newsgroup message". I
unchecked it and that was it.
Thank you both.

I'm glad you got it reconciled but that's not exactly what I suggested (same
net effect though). I suggested turning OFF the mail shield entirely. Why?
Not needed.

It isn't needed even if you frequent the warez sites because anything you
download gets scanned before opening anyway by the file system shield.

I left the mail shield up assuming it'll still maintain protection on my
regular email client.