Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Will we one day not need adhesives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Decision time Leon.

Should you buy one of these or to continue to scrape by with the "old"
Festool Domino?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/17/2013 12:59 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Decision time Leon.

Should you buy one of these or to continue to scrape by with the "old"
Festool Domino?

LOL, Fortunately I don't think they are available at this time.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Makes a gnarly joint! No more changing your mind before the glue sets
if you find you have the wrong side up.

--
 GW Ross

 Health food makes me sick.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/17/2013 3:05 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/17/2013 12:59 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Decision time Leon.

Should you buy one of these or to continue to scrape by with the "old"
Festool Domino?

LOL, Fortunately I don't think they are available at this time.

I've seen the friction welding with metal where they spin the metals and
join them.

I'm not sure if I like the burnt look that occurrs between the wood.

Quite interesting that what works for metal (I understand that) also
works for wood... not sure I understand that.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/17/2013 3:45 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/17/2013 3:05 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/17/2013 12:59 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Decision time Leon.

Should you buy one of these or to continue to scrape by with the "old"
Festool Domino?

LOL, Fortunately I don't think they are available at this time.

I've seen the friction welding with metal where they spin the metals and
join them.

Not a wanted effect but we saw that quite often in the automotive
business when there was a lubrication failure or lack there of. On
another post that eventually focused on breaks I mentioned a disk
caliper welding to a brake rotor.

I'm not sure if I like the burnt look that occurrs between the wood.

I think that might disappear once you clear the "squeeze out" away. LOL

Quite interesting that what works for metal (I understand that) also
works for wood... not sure I understand that.

That is a head thumper.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Wow, seems amazing, doesn't it. If I saw this on April 1st I'd think
it was a joke.

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/17/2013 5:53 PM, Larry W wrote:
In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Wow, seems amazing, doesn't it. If I saw this on April 1st I'd think
it was a joke.

No kidding. I wonder what melts together, the resins in the wood?

Adhesives Jim Hawkins UK diy 2 November 11th 12 11:19 AM
best adhesives Chris Miller Home Repair 4 March 25th 08 02:38 AM
adhesives FAQ Dave Fawthrop UK diy 7 August 19th 06 12:04 PM
Adhesives Cicero UK diy 0 July 17th 06 09:58 AM
Wood Adhesives Dan O'Connor Woodworking 13 October 17th 03 11:50 AM