Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Neat clamp block idea.

I started having my wife save milk containers.
I have a ply tool to equalize the pressure on my vises when closing, but
they are usually a little off from what I need. So I started to copy the
Lee valley thing.

During a glue up last week I needed a clamp block and wax paper, but I
was short handed and just grabbed a block, and saw one of my reject
pieces of milk bottle sitting there. It had a label on it and I didn't
want to use it for the vise tool... Perfect... glue doesn't stick to
it.. it's better than wax paper in that it's not flimsy, and goes where
you put it.

I use tape on some of my blocks, and cauls.. and I also cork... but each
block has a purpose. I have a box of offcuts used for clamping pads...

But this seemed like a great solution. I plan on taking some of my
blocks and putting double stick tape on them and attaching some
cartons... It seems like a good solution.

--
Jeff