Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Neat clamp block idea.

woodchucker wrote:
On 12/8/2013 10:31 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...05&cat=1,41659

Ok - that at least makes a little sense to me.

Sometimes when clamping I use wax paper so the block doesn't get glued
to the piece I am gluing. The clamp block distributes the load of the
clamp when not using the big Bessey or Cabinet masters...

Sure tape, to prevent the blocks from sticking, cork when there's no
danger, and it's soft or would get marked. Just plain wood for stuff I
don't worry about because it needs more machining.

Wax paper I can understand. Cork etc. not so much...

--

-Mike-