Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Merry Thanksgiving

Finished a quickie drawer job this morning that more than paid for the
truck repair on Monday; fought the traffic idjuts and bought everything
needed to make dirty rice dressing; and stocked up on enough
Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog to last until Friday.

That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2013 1:12 PM, Leon wrote:

Enjoy!

You guys too ... say Hello to Pam and Dean.

Radiator?

More or less, replaced cracked/leaking housing on top (plastic); and had
that mysterious bearing that makes 'narrow range temperature' dependent
noise replaced while they were at it.

It's always something ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
google.com/+KarlCaillouet
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Finished a quickie drawer job this morning that more than paid for the
truck repair on Monday; fought the traffic idjuts and bought
everything needed to make dirty rice dressing; and stocked up on
enough Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog to last until Friday.

That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Good thing you did not say "enougth" dirty rice - since there is no such
thing as enough dirty rice! Do you make it from scratch? If so... recipie?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2013 2:10 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Good thing you did not say "enougth" dirty rice - since there is no such
thing as enough dirty rice! Do you make it from scratch? If so... recipie?

Been posted here a few times in past years, but here it is again:

*Cajun Dirty Rice Dressing*

1 lb hot pork sausage (Owens or jimmy dean's will work)
1 lb chopped chicken/turkey gizzards and hearts
1 lb coarse ground beef (chili ground)
1 lb chopped calf liver or chicken livers
2 large onions - chopped
2 bunches green onion tops - chopped
2bunches parsley
2 large bell peppers - chopped
1 medium bunch of celery - chopped
4 cloves garlic - finely chopped

8 - 12 cups of REAL cooked rice - (texmati is good, NO Uncle Ben's!)
OR - cook four cups of raw rice in a rice cooker.

If you have one, cook the gizzards and hearts in a pressure cooker
first, then chop.

Brown all meat together in a cast iron pot/Dutch oven. Season with
PLENTY of black pepper, add chopped vegetables and 'cook, cover and
stir' in various combinations until onions/celery are clear, salt to
taste, add some more black pepper. (Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning is
excellent as a substitute for the salt, but not for the black pepper)

Thoroughly stir in fluffy, cooked rice until the desired "dryness" is
achieved.

BTW, I have a bunch of Cajun recipes on DropBox if you any one else uses
it and wants a link.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
google.com/+KarlCaillouet
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

BTW, I have a bunch of Cajun recipes on DropBox if you any one else
uses it and wants a link.

Thank you Kar. Yeah - post the link. The couple of recipies I've seen from
you have been great. I'll do more.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

BTW, I have a bunch of Cajun recipes on DropBox if you any one else
uses it and wants a link.

Thank you Kar. Yeah - post the link. The couple of recipies I've
seen from you have been great. I'll do more.

Ugh... Thank you Karl.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2013 2:29 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

BTW, I have a bunch of Cajun recipes on DropBox if you any one else
uses it and wants a link.

Thank you Kar. Yeah - post the link. The couple of recipies I've seen from
you have been great. I'll do more.

Check your incoming email. You probably have to install DropBox to
accept the invitation, but it is free. You could then grab the recipes
and uninstall ... although I do add to the recipes fairly often when I
either cook something new, or find something I want to try.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
google.com/+KarlCaillouet
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Best wishes for thanksgiving to all on the 'wreck from me as well, and
happy Hannukah to those of us who celebrate it, too. The next time
Hannukah and Thanksgiving fall in the same day will be in about 75,000 years,
I heard.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:59:16 PM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:
Eggnog .... That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Thanks, you as well. The whole week has been pretty good, but I'd sensed something was missing. After reading your post, I zipped to the neighborhood grocer. No eggnog! Will drive a little further, tomorrow.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

BTW, I have a bunch of Cajun recipes on DropBox if you any one else
uses it and wants a link.

Thank you Kar. Yeah - post the link. The couple of recipies I've
seen from you have been great. I'll do more.

Check your incoming email. You probably have to install DropBox to
accept the invitation, but it is free. You could then grab the recipes
and uninstall ... although I do add to the recipes fairly often when I
either cook something new, or find something I want to try.

Got it - thank you.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:59:16 PM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:
Eggnog .... That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Thanks, you as well. The whole week has been pretty good, but I'd sensed something was missing. After reading your post, I zipped to the neighborhood grocer. No eggnog! Will drive a little further, tomorrow.

Sonny

Gosh, I forgot all about eggnog! I don't think I've had any in a
decade. I just made an "emergency call" to my wife (while she is out)!

To all, my best Thanksgiving wishes! Remember not to cut the hair off
your arm with the cutlery at the table, and not to comment on it if you
can't (for instance, don't say, "I've got worn saw blades that will cut
bread with less chipout than this...")! : )

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:44:50 -0800, John wrote:

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:03:56 -0800 (PST), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

$16 buck seem to be cheap for a pie and I am not picking on you, have you ever
stop and think? What blessing? There are many homeless, struggling from day to
day and not knowing what next. Many lost their homes, saving, lives and with the
endless wars. Some might blame the "looser,” it's their fault. I really
wondering what's thanksgiving it's all about?

Oh, good grief! You must be a Democrat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/27/2013 1:03 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Thanksgiving, I count my blessings and my fingers. Lots of the
former and still 10 of the latter. Out early this morning and got
the last Elegant Farmer apple/cranberry pie. $16 is a lot of money
for a pie, but it is worth every cent.

A good turkey day to all of you.

You have no soul, Larry. The LAST Elegant Farmer apple/cranberry pie?
The big one, stuck to the bag and everything? For shame!

Since you're in the area, have you sampled the BBQ at LD'S over in East
Troy? Corner of ES & 20 in the BP station of all places. Outstanding.
The pie will wash it down perfectlyg

Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Truly the universal holiday with no hidden agenda.

Enjoy it everybody.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:44:50 -0800, John wrote:
$16 buck seem to be cheap for a pie and I am not picking on you, have you ever
stop and think? What blessing? There are many homeless, struggling from day to
day and not knowing what next. Many lost their homes, saving, lives and with the
endless wars. Some might blame the "loser,” it's their fault. I really
wondering what's thanksgiving it's all about?

There are a lot of us struggling to get by, but that doesn't mean we
shouldn't take the time to be thankful for what we do have. I'm
Canadian, so I've already had my Thanksgiving this year, but I'm still
alive and my health isn't getting any worse at this time so that's
something I can always be thankful for.
Posted to rec.woodworking

That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!
Swingman

Best wishes and turkey to you all!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:48:22 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote:

That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Truly the universal holiday with no hidden agenda.

It seems "John" doesn't agree.

Enjoy it everybody.

Thank you, Lew. You and your family, too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

Finished a quickie drawer job this morning that more than
paid for the truck repair on Monday; fought the traffic
idjuts and bought everything needed to make dirty rice
dressing; and stocked up on enough Pennsylvania Dutch
Eggnog to last until Friday.
That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Thank you, Swinger, er....Swingman, you too.

--

dadiOH

Thanksgiving... Don Foreman Metalworking 0 November 30th 10 07:30 AM
Thanksgiving... Don Foreman Metalworking 1 November 27th 10 01:34 PM
Thanksgiving Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 1 November 27th 08 05:19 PM
Thanksgiving greg2468 Home Repair 5 November 22nd 07 01:07 PM
Happy Thanksgiving...THE REAL STORY OF THANKSGIVING Cliff Metalworking 13 November 30th 05 11:01 PM