Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recent (Spur of the Moment?) Project

Building a new camp, at the farm, has been put on hold. The opportunity to buy 3.5 acres, with a house, adjacent to the farm, is in the works and we may use the house as a camp, after some remodeling, but the house is in good shape.

In the meantime, we're installing a kitchen area and bathroom in the shop, for overnight/hunting convenience. Last week, we got the kitchen cabinets framed and some plumbing done. This past week, more plumbing and the bath walls framed. Still some work to do, but it's useable, as is.

All the framing lumber is the wood we salvaged from the old cypress house, we torn down last year. The side cabinet top, adjacent to the kitchen sink cabinet, is an extra door we had from the medical office construction (long ago).

The 6th pic shows what the decorating crew did, when the suprevisor wasn't there. The door facings, for inside the bathroom, hadn't been installed. The decorators installed those door facings to the top of the wall, in order to hang the deer antlers. I asked them who was going to make new door facings. They also don't know how to center a TV/shelving onto a (unfinished) wall.

Despite this, it's a fun ongoing project. We need some better seating and a dining table. http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...h/10829851346/

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
[...]

It must be warmer there than it is here in middle Georgia.

--
 GW Ross

 I intend to live forever or die
 trying.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:09:50 AM UTC-6, G. Ross wrote:
It must be warmer there than it is here in middle Georgia. --

Wednesday & Thursday, we had lows of 33. Warm otherwise. Friends in Mobile, Al. are often cooler and are more affected by the cold fronts, than we are, also. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/laf...weather/329143

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:

Despite this, it's a fun ongoing project. We need some better
seating and a dining table.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...h/10829851346/

Maybe it's some settings in my computer - though I don't have this problem
anywhere else, but all I get is the photobucket site with the colored balls.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:21:49 PM UTC-6, Mike Marlow wrote:
Maybe it's some settings in my computer - though I don't have this problem anywhere else, but all I get is the photobucket site with the colored balls. -- -Mike-

Flickr site, but I understand. For a while, I had a similar issue with Leon's Flickr link.

Try this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:21:49 PM UTC-6, Mike Marlow wrote:
Maybe it's some settings in my computer - though I don't have

this problem anywhere else, but all I get is the photobucket site
with the colored balls. -- -Mike-

Flickr site, but I understand. For a while, I had a similar issue
with Leon's Flickr link.

Try this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

That worked.

--