Posted to rec.woodworking

Default nit pick but they should be better than that

Watch Matt Kenney in this router table dust seq.
http://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-...orking-eletter

Take a look at when he spins the table around to show you the back of
it, there you will see dry wall screws poking out the side of the
plywood. 3 of them that I can see. Now I didn't need to see this, and I
don't read the magazine anylonger. I have lost respect for many of the
writers over time. There are still very good woodworking writing for
them, but they do so only occassionaly.

I expect more from somone trying to show you how to do something.
I've not been impressed with Matt

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/9/2013 8:54 AM, woodchucker wrote:
Watch Matt Kenney in this router table dust seq.
http://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-...orking-eletter

Take a look at when he spins the table around to show you the back of
it, there you will see dry wall screws poking out the side of the
plywood. 3 of them that I can see. Now I didn't need to see this, and I
don't read the magazine anylonger. I have lost respect for many of the
writers over time. There are still very good woodworking writing for
them, but they do so only occassionaly.

I expect more from somone trying to show you how to do something.
I've not been impressed with Matt

Most of what is mentioned in many magazines should be taken with a grain
of salt.

Basically, IMHO, the majority on YouTube and those in the magazines fall
into the old saying,

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/9/2013 1:44 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Yep I agree, I happened to use that statement in front of a friend;
referring to a professor (who worked on the side where I worked) and who
didn't know what the hell he was doing coding wise. His code was
horrendous and his knowledge was more theoretical than practical.

That friend was a teacher... I was unable to get my foot out of my mouth..

But it is
--
Jeff