Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gilliom bandsaw kit

On Wednesday, April 8, 1998 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
In article ,
(Steven S. Perun) wrote:

Has anybody out there ever heard of a bandsaw kit that is made by a
company called Gilliom? I read reference to the company in FWW issue
63 pg 69. thanks for the effort.

Steven,

Heard of it? Yep. Made the 18" about 10 years ago and its worked great for me.
The kit includes all the metal parts, wheels, blade guides, wheel bearings
and shafts, and pulleys, that yiu need and you provide the plywood, etc. for
the support stuctures. The widest blade they recommend is a 1/2" and I have
used it with a 1/2" Suffolk blade to resaw 6" maple, oak, cherry with no
problems. I did use a Suffolk 3/4" resaw blade but the cut was rougher than
the 1/2. And other more routine stuff it works great. I did a little kit
busting along the way. If you want to save a bundle and like making your own
tools get a catalogue and check them out.

If you have any questions drop me a line.

Cheers,
Greg

Hi Greg.
I was wondering if you could help me. I found a box in my garage with the parts for a Gilliom bandsaw. My grandfather bought it years ago but obviously never put it together. I know NOTHING about these types of things. I would like to sell it on Craigslist but have no idea what to put in the description or how much I should list it for. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks so much.
Sincerely,
Jessica
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Jessica - contact me if you haven't sold this already.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a completely assembled saw in I'd say about perfect condition, with a light, tilting table, the whole 9 yards if anyone is interested.

Bandsaw Erik[_5_] Metalworking 2 December 1st 09 10:45 PM
Bandsaw Help Searcher7 Woodworking 6 January 12th 07 01:10 PM
TuffTooth vs Timber Wolf bandsaw bandsaw comparision Paul Currie Woodworking 0 January 31st 06 12:17 AM
Need a bandsaw Joe Gorman Woodworking 0 February 25th 05 08:51 PM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 06:07 PM