Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 495

On 2013-06-02, Rob H wrote:

[ ... ]

I usually check all three newsgroups but occasionally I get really busy and only
check one of them, which was the case last week, so I didn't see your posts
until
today.

If I had known that you usually check all three newsgroups, I
would not bother convincing my newsreader that I really want to follow
up to three newsgroups -- and thus I could also leave out he "Posting
from Rec.crafts.metalworking" line. :-)

But that still loses out on the feedback between the three
newsgroups, which have different perspectives on the items being offered
as puzzles. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

If I had known that you usually check all three newsgroups, I
would not bother convincing my newsreader that I really want to follow
up to three newsgroups -- and thus I could also leave out he "Posting
from Rec.crafts.metalworking" line. :-)

But that still loses out on the feedback between the three
newsgroups, which have different perspectives on the items being offered
as puzzles. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Yes, I think it works out better for everyone when all the groups are included
in
the replies. Thanks for bringing up the subject, I should have posted a reminder
while ago.

Rob

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2013-06-06, Rob H wrote:

[ ... ]

But that still loses out on the feedback between the three
newsgroups, which have different perspectives on the items being offered
as puzzles. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Yes, I think it works out better for everyone when all the groups are included
in
the replies. Thanks for bringing up the subject, I should have posted a reminder
while ago.

Part of the problem is that continued cross-posting in threads
is considered poor nettequette -- though nobody is going to agree on
which newsgroup to followup in.

And I'm not sure how many of today's newsreader programs (and
browsers and e-mail clients playing at being newsreaders) would actually
honor a "Followup-To: " header.

And I've had to special case this, because mostly in
rec.crafts.metalworking, things crossposted to three or more newsgroups
are trolls or spam, and I normally automatically killfile them. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.