Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Makita 2012nb planer wont start

I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great but
shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see just how
thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after lowering it and
now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I can reset?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...rt-563677-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/3/2013 9:44 PM, Southgate wrote:
I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great but
shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see just how
thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after lowering it and
now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I can reset?

You may have locked the cutter head by raising it up.
I don't have the Makita but my dewalt will lock w/the cover off the blades.

Also you may have a defective unit and maybe the cord was pulled out..

Did you try both outlets... sure you don't have a switched outlet...

Trying all possiblities.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Southgate wrote:
I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great
but shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see
just how thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after
lowering it and now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I
can reset?

Have you read the owner's manual yet?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/3/2013 9:59 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Southgate wrote:
I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great
but shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see
just how thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after
lowering it and now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I
can reset?

Have you read the owner's manual yet?

Owners manuals are for Sissy's! ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Southgate" wrote in message
roups.com...

I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great but
shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see just how
thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after lowering it and
now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I can reset?

Is the light on that indicates that the unit is plugged in? If not, and
assuming it actually is plugged in, it could be that the power cord has
pulled loose inside the housing... or the outlet is dead due to a tripped
breaker/blown fuse. It looks like it pulls 13.75 amps and it probably could
trip a 15 amp breaker on start up... my 1.5 HP Jet will trip a 20 amp on
start up sometimes.

If the light is on I'd look for a jammed/locked cutter head as suggested by
others.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 6/3/2013 9:59 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Have you read the owner's manual yet?

Owners manuals are for Sissy's! ;~)

Right, so give your sister a call and have her read the manual and tell you
what you're doing wrong.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.