Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Makita 2012nb planer wont start

On 6/3/2013 9:44 PM, Southgate wrote:
I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great but
shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see just how
thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after lowering it and
now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I can reset?

You may have locked the cutter head by raising it up.
I don't have the Makita but my dewalt will lock w/the cover off the blades.

Also you may have a defective unit and maybe the cord was pulled out..

Did you try both outlets... sure you don't have a switched outlet...

Trying all possiblities.

--
Jeff