Posted to rec.woodworking
ts ts is offline

Default wood (word)working puzzle

Today's cryptogram in the paper was bad as usual --- but woodworking
related:

ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs m
xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

e = t.
Enjoy - (solving on the puter isn't as fun! )
Posted to rec.woodworking

ts wrote:
Today's cryptogram in the paper was bad as usual --- but woodworking
related:

ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs m
xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

e = t.
Enjoy - (solving on the puter isn't as fun! )

I thinkthat the 6th word, "sbfs", is supposed to be "sfbs".

I haven't solved one of these in a long time, and I wouldn't have worked
on this one, except it was supposed to be on topic.

I wasn't disappointed in my expectation of a "corny" quote.

Incidently, this is the first time I tried to solve one on Notepad. I
started with two copies of the orginal string and make a database
as I went along, replacing lowercase letters by capitals in the 2nd
string and writing "e = T" in my database.

This turned out to be easier than just a pencil and paper. To "backup" I
could just copy and paste from the first string.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ts" wrote in message
Today's cryptogram in the paper was bad as
usual --- but woodworking
related:

ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab
wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs m
xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

e = t.
Enjoy - (solving on the puter isn't as fun!
)

Shouldn't that 'sbfs' be 'sbms' ?

Posted to rec.woodworking
ts ts is offline

"Phil Kangas" wrote in news:kmhf9l$btp$1@dont-
email.me:

Shouldn't that 'sbfs' be 'sbms' ?

yeah checked it 2x. -- proofreading is like measuring. I cut it twice and
it's still too short.

Posted to rec.woodworking

ts wrote in news:XnsA1BBB973C70C9dontenenthinkaboutit@
69.16.185.250:

ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs m
xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

You have a typo.

"sbfs" should be "sfbs".
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/9/2013 7:13 PM, ts wrote:
Today's cryptogram in the paper was bad as usual --- but woodworking
related:

unhappy that the food wasn t deyd enough the carpenter in charge issued
ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs

a restaining order
m xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

e = t.
Enjoy - (solving on the puter isn't as fun! )

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/9/2013 8:31 PM, Bill wrote:
ts wrote:
[...]

Geez. I took the Neander route and it worked just fine. I used *a*
notepad (lower case). I did almost get a paper cut; no SawStop on my desk.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, May 10, 2013 6:45:28 AM UTC-5, mungedaddress wrote:
unhappy that the food wasn t deyd enough....

Food? None of thems woodworkers know how to speel.

Sonny