Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spider Vise

Just checked out Lee Valley's "new product."

It looks like it might actually work and be useful at times. Wonder if it
would hold something steady enough to plane it?

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=70655&c=

Maybe if we try adding enough of them to the cart, Lee Valley will make it
available. *g*

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01 Apr 2013 16:21:52 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Just checked out Lee Valley's "new product."

It looks like it might actually work and be useful at times. Wonder if it
would hold something steady enough to plane it?

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=70655&c=

Maybe if we try adding enough of them to the cart, Lee Valley will make it
available. *g*

Puckdropper

I WON! We had a bet at work when somebody would post this.

Thansk PD.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" wrote ...
Just checked out Lee Valley's "new product."

It looks like it might actually work and be useful at times. Wonder if it
would hold something steady enough to plane it?

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=70655&c=

Maybe if we try adding enough of them to the cart, Lee Valley will make it
available. *g*

Just to show you how on top of it I am today, I totally forgot their annual
April Fools Lee Valley Tool. This is one of the most elaborate ones they
have done. The writing is always a dead give away. There are numerous
comments that show they are having a little fun.

And it is interesting that they have this little tradition. It shows that
these guys not only have a sense of humor, but THEY ARE TOOLMAKERS. So they
can can actually build a working model. Lee Valley is a class organization.

And even though this tool seems hopelessly specialized, I am sure that a few
folks could actually use this. Particularly folks who do segmented bowl
turnings.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:05:33 -0400, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at
comcast dot net wrote:

"Puckdropper" wrote ...
[...]

Did you watch the video? Several real life examples of how useful it could be.
Even holds a pointy stick so you can sharpen it with a plane making it a
pointier stick.

Click on the "add to cart" button and you get a description of the requirements
for their annual AFD tools.

Glad to see there is still at least one company on the earth where it is ok to
have a little fun while at work.

Regards,
Roy
Posted to rec.woodworking

This vise is amazing. I can't imagine that it either a) hasn't been
invented by someone already, or b) a similar version won't find its way
into the real market.

My favorite April Fool's Tool so far has been the 12-setting mortise
gauge, the "Dodeca-gauge". A true work of the toolmaker's art.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...33&cat=1,42936

Spider Box Dr. Deb[_3_] Woodworking 2 August 25th 10 04:38 PM
Anything to get rid of spiders? Spider repellent? [email protected] UK diy 23 June 5th 07 05:29 PM
Spider Man 3 at Toy Fair 07 pablovagne Home Repair 0 February 14th 07 12:06 AM
Anyone recognize this spider? J. Cameron Davis Home Repair 7 November 9th 06 02:09 PM
Despair about spider infestation! [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 14th 06 10:32 AM