Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good Boat Painting Video

Posted from another boating list.

Pretty good info.

Might pick up a tip or two.

The boat is a 35 ft Hinckley Pilot.

In it's day, if you had to ask "How Much", you couldn't afford.

Enjoy

Lew

Courtesy of Jamestown Distributors, one of the better sources for
marine supplies:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/videoDisplay.do?videoId=1415

The paint is Interlux Brightsides, one part polyurethane. There are
some good tips for thinning, brushing and preparation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

The boat is a 35 ft Hinckley Pilot.

In it's day, if you had to ask "How Much", you couldn't afford.

Gotta love those inexpensive hobbies!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" writes:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
web.com...

The boat is a 35 ft Hinckley Pilot.

In it's day, if you had to ask "How Much", you couldn't afford.

Gotta love those inexpensive hobbies!

You know the old saying:

The best two days of my life were the day I bought my boat, and
the day I sold it.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Posted from another boating list.

Pretty good info.

Might pick up a tip or two.

The boat is a 35 ft Hinckley Pilot.

In it's day, if you had to ask "How Much", you couldn't afford.

Sort of like a Festoll, huh?

Posted to rec.woodworking

The two weeks I hated each sailing season were devoted to the bottom of my Beneteau 321, which each spring became a 50-footer. I sold her in 2006, but still get that backache every March.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

The two weeks I hated each sailing season were devoted to the bottom
of my Beneteau 321, which each spring became a 50-footer. I sold her
in 2006, but still get that backache every March.

Sure signs of spring in northern climes (Late March thru May).

1) The worms start coming out of the ground.

2) Boaters head for the boatyard, sand paper and paint
in hand. (Hard work but it beats the hell out of mowing grass).G

Lew