Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kitchen Cabinets

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

Posted to rec.woodworking

the left hander wrote:

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

What are your cabinets made of? Wood? Laminate?

What kind of finish is on them?

Have you tried a simple solution of dishsoap and water?

Have you looked at what your manufacturer recommends?

Have you tried anything yet?

The list of questions could go on and on. You really give very little
information.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:19:57 PM UTC-6, the left hander wrote:
What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

Greased Lightning?

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote the following on 3/10/2013 1:38 AM (ET):
On 3/9/2013 7:19 PM, the left hander wrote:

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

Murphy's Oil soap

Ditto.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

the left hander wrote:

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little
bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great
product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

You can't get there from here.

You can try washing with Murphy's oil or Simple Green
which may remove the grimy, gummy finish, around the pulls; however,
but you are then faced with a refinish job.

Had this problem with a house I had 40 years ago.

The only solution was to reface the cabinets in place with
plastic laminate and build new laminated door fronts using
MDF as core.

Obviously, new hardware will be part of the job.

Have fun.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

the left hander wrote:
What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

Try naptha (lighter fluid). It will cut grease and grime well and do
nothing to the finish.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiOH[_3_] View Post
the left hander wrote:
What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

Try naptha (lighter fluid). It will cut grease and grime well and do
nothing to the finish.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Check it out... Full DetailsBrief Details Floor Plan Photos Video Tour
Posting an image can help us more to assist you..

____________________________
Get kitchen cabinets online

Last edited by princessjanne : April 8th 13 at 09:46 AM
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to the left hander , seancarlos wrote:
GALO wrote:

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

I specially avoid commercial cleaners available in market as it clean the
cabinets for specific time and after that the cabinets starts becoming
black. So I use things which are in kitchen only and they are vegetable
oil and baking soda, the amount required is 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 2
tbsp baking soda mix together with a spoon and apply them in area which is
dirty and keep it for 5 minutes and then clean it with brush and at last
wipe it with a cotton cloth or sponge.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...ts-559912-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

GALO wrote:

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

I specially avoid commercial cleaners available in market as it clean the
cabinets for specific time and after that the cabinets starts becoming
black. So I use things which are in kitchen only and they are vegetable
oil and baking soda, the amount required is 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 2
tbsp baking soda mix together with a spoon and apply them in area which is
dirty and keep it for 5 minutes and then clean it with brush and at last
wipe it with a cotton cloth or sponge.

Wood Cabinets? Murphy Oil Soap. I use it.
http://www.colgate.com/murphy-oil-soap#/home/

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to rec.woodworking

GALO wrote:

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen
cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit
dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product
for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

I specially avoid commercial cleaners available in market as it clean the
cabinets for specific time and after that the cabinets starts becoming
black. So I use things which are in kitchen only and they are vegetable
oil and baking soda, the amount required is 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 2
tbsp baking soda mix together with a spoon and apply them in area which is
dirty and keep it for 5 minutes and then clean it with brush and at last
wipe it with a cotton cloth or sponge.

Well that doesn't sound right.

Vegetable oil is awful as a cleaner.

baking soda and vinegar is a great cleaner.

--
Jeff