Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Counter sinks

I need a countersink, but not sure which one. Would like it to be 3/4"
diameter. How many different angles do they make in common countersinks
found at the Borgs?

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:00:18 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I need a countersink, but not sure which one. Would like it to be 3/4"
diameter. How many different angles do they make in common countersinks
found at the Borgs?

Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersink

Get the one that fit's your screws.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/2013 4:00 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need a countersink, but not sure which one. Would like it to be 3/4"
diameter. How many different angles do they make in common countersinks
found at the Borgs?

Steve

These guys tend to sell more than most:

http://wlfuller.com/html/countersinks.html

There are others, but these guys have been in the game
for quite a while.(1945)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
On 2/26/2013 4:00 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need a countersink, but not sure which one. Would like it to be 3/4"
diameter. How many different angles do they make in common countersinks
found at the Borgs?

Steve

These guys tend to sell more than most:

http://wlfuller.com/html/countersinks.html

There are others, but these guys have been in the game
for quite a while.(1945)

I've found that ones with an odd number of flutes work best.
The six fluted ones tend to make a hex shaped sink.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:17:17 -0800, "Artemus"
I've found that ones with an odd number of flutes work best.
The six fluted ones tend to make a hex shaped sink.

I bought one of these a few years back and can attest to its
effectiveness.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,41306,41328

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is there an easy way to sharpen a countersink's edges? I have several old ones, with 7 (small ones) and 10 flutes each.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

I think a couple of the files are diamond files. They were a clock repairman's tools. I've used them to file hand/auger drill bits, but their edges are more accessible than the countersinks' edges.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 8:34*am, Sonny wrote:
Is there an easy way to sharpen a countersink's edges? *I have several old ones, with 7 (small ones) and 10 flutes each.http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

I think a couple of the files are diamond files. * They were a clock repairman's tools. * I've used them to file hand/auger drill bits, but their edges are more accessible than the countersinks' edges.

Sonny

Strong light, 3x reading glasses. Blue the bevel with a
Sharpie. Most jewelers recommend filing while seated,
not standing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:10:40 PM UTC-6, Father Haskell wrote:
On Mar 1, 8:34*am, Sonny wrote: Is there an easy way to sharpen a countersink's edges? *I have several old ones, with 7 (small ones) and 10 flutes each.http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/ I think a couple of the files are diamond files. * They were a clock repairman's tools. * I've used them to file hand/auger drill bits, but their edges are more accessible than the countersinks' edges. Sonny Strong light, 3x reading glasses. Blue the bevel with a Sharpie. Most jewelers recommend filing while seated, not standing.

Thanks. I would have never thought to mark the bevels. Same garage sale as the files, I bought 2 magnifying lamps, for $1 each. Here's my chance to use one.

Seated, aye? So, that allows for a beer, also, right?

Sonny

Sinks Richard[_12_] UK diy 19 May 25th 10 10:10 AM
two sinks? yawnmoth Home Repair 12 August 9th 08 01:51 AM
Under counter sink not flush in granite counter [email protected] Home Repair 8 May 30th 08 05:28 PM
Wooden sinks again -- has anyone actually tried? Nigel Woodworking 9 July 15th 05 06:23 PM
Wood sinks Peter Woodworking 3 April 27th 05 11:19 PM