Posted to alt.home.repair

Default two sinks?

I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 9:44*pm, yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. *Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... *what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

Its a Bidet to wash yer ass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

yawnmoth wrote:

I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

I can't believe someone actually ask this question. Guess Barrack was right
we need to learn to speak French or a least learn some culture of other
countries.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

evodawg wrote in
:

yawnmoth wrote:

I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub -
shorter than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

I can't believe someone actually ask this question. Guess Barrack was
right we need to learn to speak French or a least learn some culture
of other countries.

My childhood was in urban city. French is limited to Coupe deVille.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 10:08*pm, evodawg wrote:
yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. *Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... *what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

I can't believe someone actually ask this question. Guess Barrack was right
we need to learn to speak French or a least learn some culture of other
countries.

One way to learn is by asking. Not that you gave an answer or
anything. Unlike ransley, to whom I am most appreciative.

Posted to alt.home.repair

yawnmoth wrote:

On Aug 7, 10:08Â*pm, evodawg wrote:
yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Â*Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... Â*what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

I can't believe someone actually ask this question. Guess Barrack was
right we need to learn to speak French or a least learn some culture of
other countries.

One way to learn is by asking. Not that you gave an answer or
anything. Unlike ransley, to whom I am most appreciative.

Why would I answer the question twice? Isn't that a little redundant?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.co.nr/
Posted to alt.home.repair

yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

Foot washer for Muslims? There's a lot of 'em in France.

If it were a bidet, it would have a fountain type water dispenser rather
than a faucet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 8, 7:04*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. *Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... *what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

Foot washer for Muslims? There's a lot of 'em in France.

If it were a bidet, it would have a fountain type water dispenser rather
than a faucet.

Its a bidet, its shorter than a toilet, its no kiddy sink and you sit
on it, them french and their butt washing machines because they are to
lazy to shower, I saw alot of them in 3 years over there. I even saw
in use the Hole In The Floor, you are supposed to aim your ****
standing, into a 8" hole and not hit your pants.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 9:44 pm, yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub -
shorter than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

Its a Bidet to wash yer ass.

A bidet is for washing the genital and anal areas, sometimes the feet.
Lots of pics on the 'net if anyone wants to bother searching, too. Why
guess when it can be looked up more accurately? This article seems to
say it well:

http://www.bidetoo.com/
If you grew up in North America, chances are that you probably did not
grow up using a bidet at home. The bidet (French derived, and pronounced
like filet) is a bathroom fixture used to bathe the external genital and
the anal region of the body. The bidet is shaped like a washbasin and is
usually placed beside the toilet, which allows the user a quick and
convenient means of bathing the target region.

The primary purpose of a bidet is to allow the user to maintain a
constant state of good hygiene. A person simply cannot thoroughly
cleanse the target region through the use of toilet paper alone. When a
person only uses toilet paper, she is essentially carrying the filth on
her body until she takes a bath or a shower. The use of the bidet is
becoming a modern hygienic norm much like the brushing of teeth. While
it is not absolutely necessary that the bidet is used, it provides the
user with a significant boost in hygiene.

The bidet cleanses the user with water that shoots out from a high
pressure nozzle. While the bidet is designed to be used after the
removal of waste to cleanse the anus, in certain parts of Europe and
Middle Eastern Asia, a bidet is sometimes used to quickly wash the feet.
It has also been noted that sometimes people use the bidet as a
"mini-bathtub" to wash their children. It is generally not a good idea
to wash children inside a bidet with minor exceptions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu 07 Aug 2008 07:44:59p, yawnmoth told us...

I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu

http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg

The toilet was in a separate room.

Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

That is a bidet, to wash your butt in.

Date: 08(VIII)/8(VIII)/08(MMVIII)

Countdown till Labor Day
3wks 2dys 11hrs 45mins
Death: to stop sinning suddenly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:04 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub - shorter
than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Here's a pictu
http://www.geocities.com/terra1024/sink.jpg
The toilet was in a separate room.
Anyway, my question is... what's the point of this second shorter
sink?

Foot washer for Muslims? There's a lot of 'em in France.

If it were a bidet, it would have a fountain type water dispenser rather
than a faucet.

Its a bidet, its shorter than a toilet, its no kiddy sink and you sit
on it, them french and their butt washing machines because they are to
lazy to shower, I saw alot of them in 3 years over there. I even saw
in use the Hole In The Floor, you are supposed to aim your ****
standing, into a 8" hole and not hit your pants.

No, not standing, squatting. Something us Amurricans are seldom capable
of, past the age of 10 or so. The standard method of taking a dump in
the 2/3 of the world where modern plumbing is a recent innovation. At
least when you take a dump in the woods, you can use a tree trunk to
lean against.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 8, 8:34*pm, aemeijers wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:04 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
yawnmoth wrote:
[...]

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Sounds like typical ignorance of customs elswhere in this world;
including a snide reference to "because they are too lazy to take a
shower".

Now, that's an assumption if there ever was.

Rather like saying perhaps; Forty percent of Americans are
overweight ..... "because they eat too much". That's also just a snide
reference to something that may not be true either! Correct?
Posted to alt.home.repair

terry wrote:

On Aug 8, 8:34Â*pm, aemeijers wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:04 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
yawnmoth wrote:
I was in a French hotel, recently, that had two sinks - one where
you'd expect, in the counter, and another beside the bathtub -
shorter than even you'd expect a toilet to be. Â*Here's a pictu
[...]

I wouldn't be that PC. Americans are overeating Slobs.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.co.nr/

Speaking of sinks Spacegirl Lost Home Ownership 1 July 23rd 06 11:36 AM
Ainsworth Sinks Peter Andrews UK diy 4 May 14th 06 10:15 PM
Wooden sinks again -- has anyone actually tried? Nigel Woodworking 9 July 15th 05 06:23 PM
Wood sinks Peter Woodworking 3 April 27th 05 11:19 PM
Granite sinks - OK Charles Lamont UK diy 2 July 25th 03 09:51 PM