Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New table

I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing
special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the
center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be
useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:51:52 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is
nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the
feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid,
thought it might be useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

Don't think it looks oddball at all. I like the looks of how you attached
the legs. Good job. Looks great.

Paul
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/2013 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing
special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the
center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be
useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

I like that! Nothing oddball about it.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/13 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing
special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the
center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be
useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

I like wrap around base legs like that.... always have. Great work.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

I like it! Enough design to make it interesting, and it looks
perfectly functional.

Back in the mid 70s I built a round dining room table for my sister
using the wrap around legs over a square 8"X8" center. I did the same
thing, legs and supports were the same size, all cut from 2"X6".
(Hey... it was the age of massive waterbed furniture!)

Although not elegant like a cabriolet or french taper leg, I had so
much area to attach the top and bottom to the center it never worked
loose. And it was her only large table for years. About 5 years ago
she sold it and it was still as sturdy as when I made it. That is an
incredibly sturdy design.

Although I must say, that orange/brown stain covered with varnish that
we used in those days was sure butt ugly to look at compared to
today's finishes.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:51:52 AM UTC-6, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai.

Looks great to me. Nothing odd, at all.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/2013 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing
special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the
center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be
useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

Looks GREAT! But what a decision making problem you must have had.
Square the table tiles to the floor tiles or the feet to the floor
tiles. I would still be spinning the table around.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/2013 8:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing
special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the
center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be
useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

Very nice...

How did you do the tiles ???

Adhesive
or
mortar mix

Did you grout it ?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 2/26/2013 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is
nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached
the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock
solid, thought it might be useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

I like that! Nothing oddball about it.

+1

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message ...

I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing
special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the
center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be
useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

--

dadiOH

Very good idea. must remember that. Looks simple and very strong. WW
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
On 2/26/2013 8:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is
nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached
the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock
solid, thought it might be useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass
inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadio..._table_btm.jpg

Very nice...

How did you do the tiles ???