Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Glue Blocks on Finished Surfaces

I'm about to undertake a project using glue blocks and wanted to ask if it was plausible to use glue blocks with already primed opr painted wood.

Or should I sand the wood first before gluing?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ok, thanks everyone. I figured I'd need to take out the sanding block.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, January 28, 2013 9:35:56 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I'm about to undertake a project using glue blocks and
...already primed opr painted wood.

I've got a propane torch and paint scraper, and can always find
my way to bare wood. Sanding is good, too.

Glue holds to wood better than finishes hold to wood, as
well as better than glue holds to finishes.