Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Carbide turning tools

I am just getting started turning bowls, etc. I don't have a lot of tools and am looking at buying a carbide tipped tool, like Rockler sells or something off of Ebay.

My question is they say that they give a long lasting cutting life. I don't know what that means relative to using a HSS and sharpening frequently when turning. In other words how often do I need to expect to replace the tip with another $20 tip.

I welcome any comments.

Al