Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ukulele kits

Local community adult ed offering a course in beginning ukulele. I am
thinking of
taking it, but don't own one. Grizzly offers this one and others:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Ukulele-Kit/H3125

anyone have opinions about this kit or others? The course is in Feb.
so time's a-wasting!

MM
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:06:36 -0800 (PST), MJ
wrote:

Local community adult ed offering a course in beginning ukulele. I am
thinking of
taking it, but don't own one. Grizzly offers this one and others:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Ukulele-Kit/H3125

anyone have opinions about this kit or others? The course is in Feb.
so time's a-wasting!

MM

I've constructed a few of the Grizzly Uke Kits. I don't think you'll
need a class to glue up the very few parts that need gluing. I suggest
you check out Stewmac uke kits. A bit more challenging and a lot more
rewarding. Stewmac how-to DVDs are excellent as well as their printed
instructions which are available online. Another option would be the
Wolfelele line, available direct or on eBay. Their instructions are
also excellent, affording you an instrument much above the Grizzly.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've constructed a few of the Grizzly Uke Kits. I don't think you'll
need a class to glue up the very few parts that need gluing. I suggest
you check out Stewmac uke kits. A bit more challenging and a lot more
rewarding. Stewmac how-to DVDs are excellent as well as their printed
instructions which are available online. Another option would be the
Wolfelele line, available direct or on eBay. Their instructions are
also excellent, affording you an instrument much above the Grizzly.

Well, the class is instruction on how to play, not build.

Thanks for the links.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
, MJ
wrote:

Local community adult ed offering a course in beginning ukulele. I am
thinking of
taking it, but don't own one. Grizzly offers this one and others:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Ukulele-Kit/H3125

anyone have opinions about this kit or others? The course is in Feb.
so time's a-wasting!

The price seems steep compared to buying one. My soprano uke was about
$30. IIRC, I paid about $90 for my baritone.

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

Take a break, take a Ukulele! Terry[_5_] UK diy 4 March 16th 08 06:10 PM
DIY alarm kits Tx2 UK diy 8 December 31st 06 12:00 AM
Workbench kits Alex Metalworking 7 August 14th 05 05:15 PM
Better Pen Kits? JJM Woodturning 1 April 29th 05 06:14 PM
Pen kits Bob Darrah Woodturning 3 July 3rd 04 07:31 PM