Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Freud 1/4-3/8 Box Joint 8" Blades

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale
going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there
isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want
to look.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike M" wrote in message

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale
going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there
isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want
to look.
================================================== ==============================
What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado stack? Less than
$5.00 in price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/26/2012 10:10 PM, CW wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale
going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there
isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want
to look.
================================================== ==============================

What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado stack? Less
than $5.00 in price.

Flat bottoms.

And if you are like me with a Ridge Dado, 1/4" ain't 1/4".. when I put
my two outside blades together, I get 9/32... Fng BS
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/26/2012 9:10 PM, CW wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale
going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there
isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want
to look.
================================================== ==============================

What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado stack? Less
than $5.00 in price.

The Freud box joint blades do what you expect them to do in the sizes
you expect and probably form here on out for a hobbyist.

You might compare the advantage of a box of 100 square drive screws from
McFeeley's for $6 to of the screws sold at the big box in the plastic
bags, 8 pcs for 89 cents. Actually McFeeley's is most often less
expensive for a far superior product.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in
:

================================================= ============
===================
What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado
stack? Less than $5.00 in price.

Two differences... They're actually the width they advertise and
they cut a flat bottom dado.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:10:00 -0800, "CW" wrote:

.. .

================================================= ===============================
What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado stack? Less than
$5.00 in price.

Everyone else pretty much covered it. It's main attraction to me was
the flat bottom. Unfortunately my Dado set was more then a $5
difference. I was willing to pay more to get the Frued adjustable
dado set for it's convenience.

Mike M

Freud Thin Kerf blades Unquestionably Confused Woodworking 12 November 13th 12 07:22 PM
Freud Diablo 8" Stacked Dado: A+ -MIKE- Woodworking 0 November 9th 10 03:37 AM
Freud Dado Blades k Woodworking 11 July 18th 08 03:07 PM
Freud Box Joint Blade JJ Woodworking 12 November 13th 05 09:22 PM
Freud LU84 blades - any good? Joe_Stein Woodworking 5 August 30th 05 07:48 AM