Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cam Style Clamp Rack

Make an easy to build cam style clamp rack and be the coolest woodworker on your street.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=v63
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

wrote in
:

Make an easy to build cam style clamp rack and be the coolest
woodworker on your street.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=v63

Nice! It's just that I don't really have enough wall space

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 8:30 PM, wrote:
Make an easy to build cam style clamp rack and be the coolest woodworker on your street.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=v63

If the cams were spring-loaded in some way, putting a clamp in could be
a one-hand operation, which would allow the rack to be up above
reachable height.

Of course, a more standard rack accomplishes that by tailoring each slot
to the type of clamp. Even my very rudimentary "system" allows me to put
the clamps in one-handed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...ream/lightbox/

I confess that the utility of this particular project eludes me. Now
having a woodworking tip go over *my* head may not be all that difficult
to accomplish, but from what I have seen of your videos, it's unusual.
Why is an advantage to mount the clamps "upside down"? The effective
weight on the rack is the same either way, and I'm just as happy to have
the larger end up above head height in my small space.

Perhaps this would be a good system for someone with a really large
collection. There could be a separate "on-deck-circle" of clamps near
the glue-up area; clamps that were selected for the particular job at
hand. That way, the rack could fit different sizes and styles.

Or it could be a sort of "guest-room" for clamps that come a-visitin'.

In all seriousness, I find your videos very interesting. I even picked
up some technique tips from this one. I'm just not sure I "get" the
project this time.