Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Petition to secede? Interesting idea...

On 11/13/2012 2:04 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Gramp's shop wrote:

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the
country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce,
92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you
can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90
percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal,
all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven

That's cool.

On the other hand, Texas controls 70% of the nation's refining capacity. But
your high tech wizards should be able to figure out how to run your cars on
coal.

Wait! I forgot! You'll all be driving electric cars!

Never mind, then.

Many of the things they depend on are from the area that are seceding.

As for the electricity, as I remember electricity is generate from
Natural gas, coal, solar panels (when the sun shines), and wind mills
when there is wind. Gas and coal are from the area wishing to secede,
and there is not enough area in the concrete canyons for wind mills and
solar panels. May be they can be harness the hot air from Washington DC