Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A M A Z I N G detailed model

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Aw. I thought you had a picture of a real model. Nice, though.

--
G.W. Ross

Prune: A plum that has seen better days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mais! Lately, the lawn behind my shop looks almost good like behind that shop.

That is detailed! Neat.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:23:31 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Other then the people you might not know just looking at the pictures.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Holy Cow! That is really amazing!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Other then the people you might not know just looking at the pictures.

Mike M

I finally realized when I saw it in the boxed frame.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote in
:

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Other then the people you might not know just looking at the pictures.

Mike M

The picture of the person working on the motorcycle tricks me at first
glance. I was scrolling through and twice stopped because it initially
looked real.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to convince myself that it really is
a miniature.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
Mike, I've seen your clutter in pics of your tablesaw.. I think the
model had less clutter.. :-)

Ohhhhhh... that hurts!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

Mike, I've seen your clutter in pics of your tablesaw.. I think the
model had less clutter.. :-)

Besides... I've gotten a lot of my clutter cleaned up. Just haven't quite
finished... A good man-project has a life cycle of 12 years - right?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That Anders guy must live where there are really cold, really boring
winters, huh? Wow! Think of the time (years?) which went into that
wonderfully detailed setting. Bravo, Mr. Malmberg!

(Any relation to Quid Mulberg in Plano?)

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:k79qei$cdk$1@dont-
email.me:

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings in the paint, and so on --
looks *exactly* the way things look after they've been knocked around a bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/5/2012 7:52 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

I was amazed with the crap piles around the buildings.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings in the paint, and so on --
looks *exactly* the way things look after they've been knocked around a bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

Did you notice the exposed tar paper on the roof?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
email.me:

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings
in the paint, and so on -- looks *exactly* the way things look after
they've been knocked around a bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

That and the detail to the things like the 55 gal barrels, the junk stuffed
in them, the tires laying around, all of that stuff. This guy is great!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

I was amazed with the crap piles around the buildings.

I'd like to thank you for all the time I wasted looking at that site
today. I just got absorbed. Unfortunately no one to blame but me,
but I was impressed with the details. Looked at the logging camp and
got lost.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

I was amazed with the crap piles around the buildings.

I'd like to thank you for all the time I wasted looking at that site
today. I just got absorbed. Unfortunately no one to blame but me,
but I was impressed with the details. Looked at the logging camp and
got lost.

Mike M

Oh hell yeah! LOL The links will kill time too. Did you see the
erector set shop?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/5/2012 10:12 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
email.me:

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings
in the paint, and so on -- looks *exactly* the way things look after
they've been knocked around a bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

That and the detail to the things like the 55 gal barrels, the junk stuffed
in them, the tires laying around, all of that stuff. This guy is great!

The plants are normally the give away, only a few near the doors looked
fake, and maybe they were suppose to look fake to mimic the attempt to
spruce the place up with artificial flowers. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep, I followed some links and noticed that the batteries multiple ones
fit on a #11 xacto blade.. now that is small...

Most everything was lifelike, and when it wasn't I clearly understood
how difficult it is to mimick reality.

On 11/5/2012 11:12 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/5/2012 9:38 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
email.me:

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings
in the paint, and so on --
looks *exactly* the way things look after they've been knocked around
a bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

Did you notice the exposed tar paper on the roof?

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

(Any relation to Quid Mulberg in Plano?)

Just remember to close "B" clothes mode on Deputy Dan...

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings in
the paint, and so on --
looks *exactly* the way things look after they've been knocked around a
bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

Which raises the question, how does one make realistic miniature dings?

It would definitely require more eye hand coordination than I have.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That's astonishing. I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to
convince myself that it really is a miniature.

So did I. I have no idea how he captured the clutter in my garage so
well...

I was amazed with the crap piles around the buildings.

I'd like to thank you for all the time I wasted looking at that site
today. I just got absorbed. Unfortunately no one to blame but me,
but I was impressed with the details. Looked at the logging camp and
got lost.

Mike M

Oh hell yeah! LOL The links will kill time too. Did you see the
erector set shop?

Don't know if I saw that one yet but the tab is still open. It's not
raining yet so got to finish hauling stumps to the dump trailer. Do
you have a link for that one?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/6/2012 12:39 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote

The thing that really impressed me is the lifelike wear marks, dings
in the paint, and so on -- looks *exactly* the way things look after
they've been knocked around a bit. Such attention
to detail! and on such a small scale, too...

Which raises the question, how does one make realistic miniature dings?

It would definitely require more eye hand coordination than I have.

You use miniature replica ,,,,dingers. Seems right huh? LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/6/2012 12:53 PM, Mike M wrote:

Oh hell yeah! LOL The links will kill time too. Did you see the
erector set shop?

Don't know if I saw that one yet but the tab is still open. It's not
raining yet so got to finish hauling stumps to the dump trailer. Do
you have a link for that one?

Different, but still remarkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkfU0-V-xwo
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:28:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/6/2012 12:53 PM, Mike M wrote:

Oh hell yeah! LOL The links will kill time too. Did you see the
erector set shop?

Don't know if I saw that one yet but the tab is still open. It's not
raining yet so got to finish hauling stumps to the dump trailer. Do
you have a link for that one?

Different, but still remarkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkfU0-V-xwo

That is incredible. I wish I had the ability to put 900 hours into
any project. I wonder if I went thru my mothers house if my old
erector set is still there. I loved that toy. I think those of us
that grew up with those probably have better then average problem
solving skills. Kind of like farm boys being jacks of all trades.
Also had the old chemistry kit, bet those are illegal now. Times have
really changed the things we did as kids, building forts, wandering
all over the country side, and playing baseball in the triangle park
where we got bonus scores if you could pull your hit to hit the metro
trolley when it went by. They kick kids out of school and send them
to juvenile detention for what was normal growing up in the50's-70's.
I like playing with computers, but really glad I had the exposure to a
well grounded life outside.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:37:34 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

(Any relation to Quid Mulberg in Plano?)

Just remember to close "B" clothes mode on Deputy Dan...

Ayup. Wouldn't want him showing up wearing only his mukluks.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.
-- Gilda Radner
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

ahhh the memories. I think there is a Christmas movie about Swingman's
childhood. The little guy with glasses wanting a BB gun for Christmas.
LOL.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Reminds me of tilt shift photography such as this
http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/...crossroads.jpg

The difference is the tilt shift is real.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/7/2012 5:58 PM, Meanie wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Reminds me of tilt shift photography such as this
http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/...crossroads.jpg

The difference is the tilt shift is real.

And the difference is that it is all in focus.

I can do that with my phone camera but the effect on my phone camera is
called miniaturization.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...57627627266436
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/7/12 7:34 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/7/2012 5:58 PM, Meanie wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Reminds me of tilt shift photography such as this
http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/...crossroads.jpg

The difference is the tilt shift is real.

And the difference is that it is all in focus.

I can do that with my phone camera but the effect on my phone camera is
called miniaturization.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...57627627266436

Ahh, the "clean your lens" setting.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/7/2012 10:35 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/7/12 7:34 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/7/2012 5:58 PM, Meanie wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Reminds me of tilt shift photography such as this
http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/...crossroads.jpg

The difference is the tilt shift is real.

And the difference is that it is all in focus.

I can do that with my phone camera but the effect on my phone camera is
called miniaturization.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...57627627266436

Ahh, the "clean your lens" setting.

LOL, would that be clean the center of the lens setting?