Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saga of the Sofa Table

Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

.... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

Multi-router.....

I hate you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2012 3:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

Multi-router.....

I hate you.

Fondling it for six years, and still infatuated ... LOL

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopArtsCraftsS
ofaTable#5790001267387179746

Wow, you work fast ... Looks like it is going to be as beautiful as I
expected !!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2012 4:18 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 9/24/2012 3:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

Multi-router.....

I hate you.

Fondling it for six years, and still infatuated ... LOL

Looking great! But where are those spotted domino pictures??? Oh, you
don't have spotted domino's?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:16:42 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

snip

Looking great! But where are those spotted domino pictures??? Oh, you
don't have spotted domino's?

I think he spotted one at your house.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:06:46 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

Cool! Now promise us you won't discolor it. Fume it and varnish it?
OK.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:18:11 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/24/2012 3:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

Multi-router.....

I hate you.

Fondling it for six years, and still infatuated ... LOL

Sure beats a router jig, wot?

Which got me to thinking, if I cut a hole in one end of the CNC router
table and built in some jigs...

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2012 3:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are
going to go together, or not:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746

... and next four photos.

By Jove, I believe they will ...

Multi-router.....

I hate you.

Fondling it for six years, and still infatuated ... LOL

Looking great! But where are those spotted domino pictures??? Oh, you
don't have spotted domino's?

I hear sulfa drugs will clear that up, Leon.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2012 7:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Cool! Now promise us you won't discolor it. Fume it and varnish it?
OK.

Fuming doesn't work well on red oak, not enough tannin ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:56:13 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/24/2012 7:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Cool! Now promise us you won't discolor it. Fume it and varnish it?
OK.

Fuming doesn't work well on red oak, not enough tannin ...

Teabags are your friend, sir.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2012 10:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:56:13 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/24/2012 7:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Cool! Now promise us you won't discolor it. Fume it and varnish it?
OK.

Fuming doesn't work well on red oak, not enough tannin ...

Teabags are your friend, sir.

I prefer wine with my tannin, thank you ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 07:30:26 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/24/2012 10:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:56:13 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/24/2012 7:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Cool! Now promise us you won't discolor it. Fume it and varnish it?
OK.

Fuming doesn't work well on red oak, not enough tannin ...

Teabags are your friend, sir.

I prefer wine with my tannin, thank you ...

Yabbut, wine will stain, as well as making your table drunk. Who wants
a wobbly, wine-stained, reeking table, huh?

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, September 24, 2012 1:34:26 PM UTC-7, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote: Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are going to go together, or not: https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746 ... and next four photos. By Jove, I believe they will ... Multi-router..... I hate you. -- -MIKE- "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life" --Elvin Jones (1927-2004) -- http://mikedrums.com ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

A little hate from my camp as well. Have wanted a multi- for too long. Setting a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/25/2012 10:46 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:
On Monday, September 24, 2012 1:34:26 PM UTC-7, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/24/12 3:06 PM, Swingman wrote: Moving right along ... a quick test/dry fit just to see how things are going to go together, or not: https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...01267387179746 ... and next four photos. By Jove, I believe they will ... Multi-router..... I hate you. -- -MIKE- "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life" --Elvin Jones (1927-2004) -- http://mikedrums.com ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

A little hate from my camp as well. Have wanted a multi- for too long. Setting a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!

I tushed it last Saturday.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2012 7:26 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Which got me to thinking, if I cut a hole in one end of the CNC router
table and built in some jigs...

Hell, just turn everything 90 on the x axis ... or buy a 3D printer
instead.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/25/2012 10:46 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

A little hate from my camp as well. Have wanted a multi- for too long. Setting a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!

It's been a good investment for the shop, and I would not want to be
without it for making chairs (I designed a slick jig for it a few years
back for cutting mortises in curved, chair back rails, one of those
prickly chair making jobs where you need 12 precision cut parts), but
recently I've tossed the idea around of selling the M-R and replacing it
with a Domino XL and freeing up some space ... then again, it would be
like selling one of my kids, although that's crossed my mind a time or
two also.

Of course, the minute you sell a tool that excels at a particular task,
orders immediately flood in for items that need that task.

Here's that curved chair back rail jig:

http://e-woodshop.net/images/MissionChairCrestJig9.JPG

Just mark the center line of your mortises, set the bit height and
depth, and go ... piece o' cake.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:53:15 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
A little hate from my camp as well. Have wanted a multi- for too long. Setting a goal to sell enough woodstuff to afford one from the profits by the end of the year. Let the dust fly!

I tushed it last Saturday.

Did it give you a tingling feeling Leon?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:31:56 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/24/2012 7:26 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Which got me to thinking, if I cut a hole in one end of the CNC router
table and built in some jigs...

Hell, just turn everything 90 on the x axis ...

Hmm, damned good idea. Unbolt the drop plate, fab and bolt on a
90-degree drop plate, and I'm good to go for M&T-ing.

or buy a 3D printer instead.

Buddy, can ya spare ten grand? 'Course, I'd prefer a grant.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Saga of the Sofa Table Swingman Woodworking 6 September 19th 12 11:59 PM
finishing cherry sofa table Andrew Barss Woodworking 3 November 22nd 05 04:03 PM
Sofa Table Max Woodworking 1 April 3rd 05 05:59 AM
Sofa Table Max Woodworking 3 March 15th 05 11:39 AM