Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saga of the Sofa Table

Finally, some vertical movement:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...11279201357762

Somewhere in that pile of QSRO lurks The Sofa Table ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:37:02 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Finally, some vertical movement:

What, you got your lazy arse outta bed already? gd&r

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...11279201357762

Somewhere in that pile of QSRO lurks The Sofa Table ...

Cool, but why RO? White's where it's at, mon.

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:37:08 AM UTC-7, Swingman wrote:
Finally, some vertical movement: https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...11279201357762 Somewhere in that pile of QSRO lurks The Sofa Table ... -- www.eWoodShop.com Last update: 4/15/2010 KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious) http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

OK, is it 5 spindles or 7? One image of the model shows 5 and the others show 7. There are several reasons I noticed.

1. I have a personal deep interest in this subject.
2. I noticed the photo shows a sample with maybe 5 spindles and they are equal spaced with a wider space at the outside.
3. I prefer that configuration and it is more classic than an equally spaced set spanning the whole opening.
4. I have personally chnaged to the wider slat approach vs the spindles. On this piece I might use a 4 1/4" wide center slat, a 3/4 gap and then a 2 1/2" slat on either side with another 2 1/2" gap at each edge to the legs. This is a bit more craftsman where the spindles are more mission.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/19/2012 12:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Cool, but why RO? White's where it's at, mon.

Mainly because I'm matching this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5782699306 10

It may well be _a_ sofa table, not _The_ Sofa Table, after all ... we'll
see how that pans out.

Besides, if I hadn't mentioned it, would you have known the difference
by looking?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:40:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/19/2012 12:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Cool, but why RO? White's where it's at, mon.

Mainly because I'm matching this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5782699306 10

Booful rays!

It may well be _a_ sofa table, not _The_ Sofa Table, after all ... we'll
see how that pans out.

Besides, if I hadn't mentioned it, would you have known the difference
by looking?

Well sure, maybe.

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often
than not, unconsidered.
-- Andre Gide

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
[...]

With the exception of the corbels, this is basically a reproduction of an
existing piece, and that is the configuration of the original, with seven
spindles on each end (3/4x1/2x13), spaced 1 1/8 from each end / 1/2 apart,
thusly:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...96260264414130

This may already be spoken for ... past clients are always looking for
something to match what they already have. The one I really have in mind
for my 'heirloom" personal use (I'm saving as an old age project) is G&G
inspired, of cherry.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/19/2012 3:05 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:40:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/19/2012 12:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Cool, but why RO? White's where it's at, mon.

Mainly because I'm matching this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5782699306 10

Booful rays!

It may well be _a_ sofa table, not _The_ Sofa Table, after all ... we'll
see how that pans out.

Besides, if I hadn't mentioned it, would you have known the difference
by looking?

Well sure, maybe.

After shellacking/changing the color, probably not, unless you have
worked with a lot of each variety.

finishing cherry sofa table Andrew Barss Woodworking 3 November 22nd 05 04:03 PM
Sofa Table Max Woodworking 1 April 3rd 05 05:59 AM
Sofa Table Max Woodworking 3 March 15th 05 11:39 AM
Sofa / Hall Table Height? patrick conroy Woodworking 14 September 10th 04 05:35 PM