Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PlantFest Pics

About 2 weeks ago, my computer crashed, so I lost the recent individual pics of my PlantFest showings. Here are some group pics of my booth with items. These pics were still in my camera, so were not lost.

These projects/items have been made/collected over the past ~30 years, so they represent various degrees or elements of my woodworking/decor thinking and driftwood type collecting sense, over the years. The general sense is for gardening and nature related use or decor. My booth was for showing my personal items, not for selling, as with other vendor booths. My booth space was limited, so I didn't/couldn't show all of my (lawn, patio and in home decor) items. I think this is a nice assortment, though.

If need be, click the individual pic to read the description/commentary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...7631594285100/

I hope they give you some ideas for your own projects and/or gardening decor/accents, etc., also. I've enjoyed all the camping trips, canoe trips and other outings & adventures it took to obtain many of these pieces, as well..

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:20:24 AM UTC-5, basilisk wrote:

Thanks.

The big cedar items came from the front yard of the old homestead, the acerage of which butts up against Chicot State Park.

At least some of the big cypress came from Chicot Park, when flooding washed sinker logs and other pieces over the spillway. All that "debris" was trapped along the tree-lined road, blocking the roadway. I asked the park officials if I could collect the logs, and such, and they said yes, but I couldn't bring in heavy equipment. I drug, with the pickup, some logs to the back field, not far away. It was lots of work, but I was younger. It was fun and I ended up with quite a bit of subsequent lumber and other assorted pieces.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:19:26 AM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

Thanks Karl. I recall, when looking at your white oak bark (comparison)pic, in Arkansas I think it was, and wondered about your scenic decor there..... At least a swing hanging from a tree or on a porch? .... a common amenity for a good Cajun, anywhere. I don't recall if there was one, but I did look at that pic with that sense in mind. We think of the old homestead as a similar kind of retreat.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 1:36:26 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Thanks Leon. I think my set of pieces would be more complete with a roof-top walking duck hanging around, though.

Sonny

Pics Tom[_34_] Woodturning 0 November 8th 11 06:28 PM
see my pics [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 7th 07 06:30 AM
House reno pics, soffit detail question. (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking Plans and Photos 29 September 14th 07 02:14 PM
House reno pics, soffit detail question. (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking 4 September 10th 07 02:50 PM