Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Bill

Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button.
"Reply" replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2012 8:05 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button. "Reply"
replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

Hadn't noticed that, but mainly because I mostly lurk. Thanks for the
"heads up". The "Followup" button sends your reply to the newsgroup.

Matt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2012 8:05 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button. "Reply"
replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

Hadn't noticed that, but mainly because I mostly lurk. Thanks for the
"heads up". The "Followup" button sends your reply to the newsgroup.

Matt

Yes, thank you!

I only use Thunderbird for newsgroups, I prefer a different app for my
email, I customize the toolbar with previous and next buttons fo
skipping to the next unread post, and delete the buttons related to
email. I don't even set up any email accounts within TB so there is no
chance of my accidentally emailing anyone.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2012 12:38 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

I only use Thunderbird for newsgroups, I prefer a different app for my
email, I customize the toolbar with previous and next buttons fo
skipping to the next unread post, and delete the buttons related to
email. I don't even set up any email accounts within TB so there is no
chance of my accidentally emailing anyone.

That is smart! The more email accounts you acquire, the more complicated
it gets! %-)

I like your idea of customizing the toolbar. I'll look into that.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2012 10:05 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button. "Reply"
replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

Don't click the icon, simply right click the post and select "Followup
to Newsgroup".
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button.
"Reply" replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

That's pretty much the way newsreaders work...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button.
"Reply" replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

That's pretty much the way newsreaders work...

Yes, but some smart-aleck relabeled the buttons! : )
I was corrected, it's the "Follow-up" button now.
And on the related program called SeaMonkey, which I also use, it's
still "reply".

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:05:15 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses
will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on
spam blacklists.

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not
seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new
problem is.

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird
substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button.
"Reply" replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.

Better yet, reply to the forum, not via email (or both.)

I tried to reply to your email the other day and couldn't, with 3
different variations on the email address. I gave up. BUT, you hadn't
posted the message on the Wreck, either, so I just let it go.

--
Life is like one big Mardi Gras. But instead of showing your boobs,
show people your brain, and if they like what they see, you'll have
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:05:15 -0400, Bill

I tried to reply to your email the other day and couldn't, with 3
different variations on the email address. I gave up. BUT, you hadn't
posted the message on the Wreck, either, so I just let it go.

Yes, the Thunderbird software update left me send more email than I
intended to. I didn't even know that I even had a problem at first.

--
Life is like one big Mardi Gras. But instead of showing your boobs,
show people your brain, and if they like what they see, you'll have
more beads than you know what to do with.
-- Ellen DeGeneres, Tulane Commencement Speech, 2009

(OT) Ping - Bill in Indiana Sonny Woodworking 1 December 29th 11 06:34 AM
PING: Bill Noble Buerste Metalworking 0 May 14th 10 07:28 AM
Ping: Bill Steve[_43_] Woodworking 1 March 8th 10 04:19 AM
PING: Bill Noble Prometheus Woodturning 7 April 5th 07 10:39 AM
Ping Bill Pounds Lew Hodgett Woodworking 0 May 11th 06 09:33 PM