Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworkers journal Video Festoolie

Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/re...ble/index.html

I think it's funny that a festool junkie can't afford a decent workbench.
This thing looks like it weighs 50lbs, or is a toy workbench...

He can afford a Kapex , multiple Festool tables, systainers galore, but
a rinky dink bench...

I love my heavy bench... Even my old one didn't move like that.

Maybe some glue will help and some bolts..
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2012 6:42 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/re...ble/index.html

I think it's funny that a festool junkie can't afford a decent workbench.
This thing looks like it weighs 50lbs, or is a toy workbench...

Look again, that is a Sofa Table.

He can afford a Kapex , multiple Festool tables, systainers galore, but
a rinky dink bench...

I love my heavy bench... Even my old one didn't move like that.

Maybe some glue will help and some bolts..

You should see his real work bench. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" wrote in message

Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/re...ble/index.html

I think it's funny that a festool junkie can't afford a decent workbench.
This thing looks like it weighs 50lbs, or is a toy workbench...

He can afford a Kapex , multiple Festool tables, systainers galore, but
a rinky dink bench...

I love my heavy bench... Even my old one didn't move like that.

Maybe some glue will help and some bolts..
The bench looks like a Sjoberg. I have one. POS. Light work benches are like
light anvils. A constant source of frustration.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2012 7:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/7/2012 6:42 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/re...ble/index.html

I think it's funny that a festool junkie can't afford a decent workbench.
This thing looks like it weighs 50lbs, or is a toy workbench...

Look again, that is a Sofa Table.

He can afford a Kapex , multiple Festool tables, systainers galore, but
a rinky dink bench...

I love my heavy bench... Even my old one didn't move like that.

Maybe some glue will help and some bolts..

You should see his real work bench. ;~)

Ahhhh you look again buddy boy... _watch the video_... That workbench
that he is flattening the top of the sofatable on is rocking more than a
bucking mechanical bronco in a Texas bar...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2012 8:23 PM, CW wrote:

The bench looks like a Sjoberg. I have one. POS. Light work benches are
like light anvils. A constant source of frustration.

That's good to know. Makes me feel better about making my own heavy
weight. Maple and Beech, heavy... No thinned out top with wide skirts
on the top, all solid. Weighs a ton... ok over 300lbs I needed help to
flip the top. I tried without, but it went through the wall... :-(

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2012 8:36 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 9/7/2012 7:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/7/2012 6:42 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/re...ble/index.html

I think it's funny that a festool junkie can't afford a decent
workbench.
This thing looks like it weighs 50lbs, or is a toy workbench...

Look again, that is a Sofa Table.

He can afford a Kapex , multiple Festool tables, systainers galore, but
a rinky dink bench...

I love my heavy bench... Even my old one didn't move like that.

Maybe some glue will help and some bolts..

You should see his real work bench. ;~)

Ahhhh you look again buddy boy... _watch the video_... That workbench
that he is flattening the top of the sofatable on is rocking more than a
bucking mechanical bronco in a Texas bar...

Did not watch, but thought you were talking about the project, sorry. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2012 11:02 PM, Leon wrote:
o_... That workbench
that he is flattening the top of the sofatable on is rocking more than a
bucking mechanical bronco in a Texas bar...

Did not watch, but thought you were talking about the project, sorry. ;~)

Geez Leon, don't get so down.... I thought you would pickup on the
bucking mechanical bronco....and go with it. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote the following on 9/7/2012 7:42 PM (ET):
Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.

I don't know Rob Johnstone. Can I just watch it by myself? :-)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/10/2012 10:56 AM, willshak wrote:
tiredofspam wrote the following on 9/7/2012 7:42 PM (ET):
Watch this video with Rob Johnstone.

I don't know Rob Johnstone. Can I just watch it by myself? :-)

That's a good one Will.

I wouldn't trust you by yourself though.