Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworkers Journal Heads-up

I subscribed to WJ in August, and I went to their website last night to
investigate why I had not received any issue. I assumed it was just a
matter of waiting another week or two. After I logged onto their site,
in my account area it indicated that I should have received a Sept issue
and a November issue by now. When I marked the box that I hadn't
received them, it quickly replied that they had no back issues and that
my subscription would be extended by 3 months.

So, if you are a subscriber, you may want to check that you are
receiving the issues you paid for.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:54:47 -0400, Bill
wrote:

I subscribed to WJ in August, and I went to their website last night to
investigate why I had not received any issue. I assumed it was just a
matter of waiting another week or two. After I logged onto their site,
in my account area it indicated that I should have received a Sept issue
and a November issue by now. When I marked the box that I hadn't
received them, it quickly replied that they had no back issues and that
my subscription would be extended by 3 months.

So, if you are a subscriber, you may want to check that you are
receiving the issues you paid for.

Dunno 'bout you, Bill, but every NEW subscription I start says it has
a 9-12 week first-issue delay for processing. I always scream for the
current issues and they usually deliver, but the folks answering the
phone say "We haven't received it yet." because I go through the
cheapest outlets. 3 years of mag for $10 or $14.97/yr through the
mag?

--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I know what you are saying, but they had evidently already established
my expiration date and indicated that they had mailed 2 issues. It was
just a FYI, YMMV.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Ayup, they blew it, alright.

It was just a FYI, YMMV.

OK.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.

Heads Up For SF Bay Area Woodworkers charlieb Woodworking 0 October 6th 07 01:53 AM
WT journal recommendation Max63 Woodturning 5 February 27th 07 11:51 PM
woodworker journal [email protected] Woodworking 0 December 20th 06 04:05 PM
journal Mishkarag Metalworking 0 October 31st 05 05:09 AM
Woodworker's Journal: Yea or Nay? David Woodworking 26 April 23rd 05 08:32 AM