Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bamboo Plywood Update-- What Became of It...

....or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

That is absolutely gorgeous, Mike. Great design chops somewhere in the
family.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/12 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

BTW, you may recall I was asking about options for finish/top coat.
All I did was use Deft Satin Spray Lacquer in the can.
It darkened the bamboo just slightly, exactly the way we wanted.
Couldn't have been easier... or cheaper.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/2012 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

Steet! That looks great! I seriously doubt any other material would
have looked so good.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/12 5:36 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/6/2012 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

Steet! That looks great! I seriously doubt any other material would
have looked so good.

Thank you, and I agree.
I fell in love with the stuff the first time I saw it and it didn't let
me down.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:14:28 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

Looks nice, I recently saw some strip flooring made of
bamboo and got some scraps, done a little non scientific
destructive testing on a piece, stuff seems almost indestructible.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , -MIKE-
wrote:

...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

very nice!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/12 4:45 PM, Swingman wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

That is absolutely gorgeous, Mike. Great design chops somewhere in the
family.

I know I've given credit to the wife many times, but this sink and
cabinet were actually my ideas. She does soooooo much better
than me with colors and tile and picking things that go together.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:14:29 PM UTC-7, -MIKE- wrote:
...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the thru-cabinet. http://xrl.us/bamboovanity -- -MIKE- "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life" --Elvin Jones (1927-2004) -- http://mikedrums.com ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Great application for the material and looks nicely done. A Poly finish would have been a bit more durable but the Lac is very repairable. I would predict a scuff and recoat every few years but easily done.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

...or half of it, at least..... still have more doors to make for the
thru-cabinet.

http://xrl.us/bamboovanity

Nice job, not quite my style but I like it and well executed.

Mike M

Anybody Using Plyboo/Bamboo Plywood? -MIKE- Woodworking 33 December 26th 16 03:19 AM
bamboo plywood Rick Woodworking 15 October 3rd 06 06:05 PM
Experiences building with bamboo plywood ? rob Woodworking 13 October 6th 05 08:54 PM
Source for Bamboo Plywood? Jerry Houlihan Woodworking 6 February 18th 05 06:16 AM
Can I affix 2mm bamboo herringbone 'plywood' directly to joists? Dolchas Home Repair 0 September 2nd 03 09:39 PM