Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fisher&Paykel Ovens

I need a new convection oven. The single (as opposed to double oven) Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

Thanks
Len
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:09:15 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I need a new convection oven. The single (as opposed to double oven) Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

Thanks
Len

You may get a better response posting this to a group like
rec.food.cooking

My impression of F & P is not good though, but never owned one.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:07:49 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
I need a new convection oven.

---------------------------------------
Can't comment on F&P equipment; however, if you also
are considering a toaster oven, the Breville with quartz rod
heating elements is tough to beat.

At $249.00, it's Festool pricing, but have found it worth
every penny paid for it.

Is it convection? I've thought for some time about buying a large
sized toaster type over with convection capability, but I've been wary
of what convection cooking can do in such an oven.

Anybody here use such a beast? How useful is convection cooking in a
toaster type oven?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote:

Is it convection?

---------------------------------
Yes.

http://tinyurl.com/9lnfw6f

Since they are based in OZ, CDN customs may not be a PITA.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
" wrote:

I need a new convection oven. The single (as opposed to double oven)
Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux
and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service
on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being
reported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on
the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

Thanks
Len

8 years of daily baking in both our single and doubles. No issues.
Burned out 3 others in the 3 years prior. My wife averages 12 dozen
cookies a day and 8 to 10 loaves of bread.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 09:31:31 -0400, Jack wrote:

I thought Electrolux was a sweeper? I'd go with Festool before Electrolux.

I bet bet fewer WW's know what a F&K is than what a Festool is. That's
saying something...

Electrolux is a sweeper, but the other Electrolux is a Swedish
appliance manufacturer. About 10 or so years ago, they bought out the
company that evolved into Frigidaire.

The original Frigidaire was a General Motors division that made good
appliances. It was sold off, but the name was worth quite a bit.

Westinghouse, White, Hotpoint, Crosly, Edison Products and a few
others became part of White Consolidated Industries but they changed
the name to Frigidaire after doing some market research. The name had
a good reputation and was associated with a quality product even
though they were cheapened over the years. AB Electrolux bought out
WCI in about the mid 90's or so.