Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

On 08/24/2012 05:31 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I was not just referring wars. I was referring to invasive foreign
policy wherein we stick our noses somewhere (Iran, Iraq, Israel,
Korea, etc.) and then later have to pay for our sins (hostages in
Iran, a war in Kuwait, and another war in Iraq).

Somebody has to be the world's policeman. For over a hundred years it was
the British. Now us.

If not us, then there are two choices:

* International anarchy, the likes of which is exemplified by Sudanese
pirates, or
* Some other country takes on the job.

If the latter, who would you prefer? China? Russia? Iran? Guatamala?

I would prefer for the Anglosphere to hang together insofar as we have
a lot of common culture and interest. If the rest of the world wants
us to police their neighborhoods, the least they could do is pay
us to do so.

Tim Daneliuk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:47:32 -0500, Tim Daneliuk
I would prefer for the Anglosphere to hang together insofar as we have
a lot of common culture and interest. If the rest of the world wants
us to police their neighborhoods, the least they could do is pay
us to do so.

Damn stupid naive statement. Payment comes in many forms. As with any
country, the US is motivated by self interest in whatever it does
abroad. If it's not getting some advantage by assisting an oil rich
country in need, then it's protecting itself from possible future
aggressions.

Even if it's only assisting some region of the world because of public
outcry, it benefits from not looking bad.

As to your borderline prejudicial, "Anglosphere to hang together"
statement, a significant bulk of the US population is not
"Anglosphere".

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're an ass Daneliuk. The
only reason you're here in this newsgroup is to inflame rhetoric. You
don't and never have posted any woodworking content.

What are you doing here?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

WHAT anti-business (and anti-consumer) policies are
you moaning about?

Never did get a response.

Lew

Tích hợp 3 công cụ tìm kiếm trên web và blog may tinh 116 Electronics Repair 0 January 24th 09 08:46 AM
My Blog bill Home Repair 1 April 13th 08 09:02 AM
HOW IS THE BLOG?DO U LIKE IT? Lussy Home Repair 0 March 4th 08 10:09 AM
Pictures. To post or not to post. Musing about the option. Arch Woodturning 4 July 23rd 06 12:56 PM
Wood Question: Which is stronger, a round post or square post? McQualude Woodworking 68 November 16th 03 07:19 AM