Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

Default Anyone know anything about an Xcaliber table saw

I've run across a used Xcaliber tablesaw in my area. It is a single phase 5 hp 12" saw. It includes a sliding table option. The cast iron surface on this saw is 30" x 40". It is impressive looking. However, it appears from a few searches that it is made in UK and may not be available anymore.

The price on the saw seems decent, but not if parts are unavailable.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 8/17/2012 10:54 PM, Bob wrote:
I've run across a used Xcaliber tablesaw in my area. It is a single

phase 5 hp 12" saw. It includes a sliding table option. The cast iron
surface on this saw is 30" x 40". It is impressive looking. However, it
appears from a few searches that it is made in UK and may not be
available anymore.

The price on the saw seems decent, but not if parts are unavailable.

Searches will probably go better if spell it "Excalibur"...

AIUI, General bought the Excalibur line and did discontinue some former
products but has at least a couple of the sliding tables still available.

I'd suggest contacting them and asking about support for existing
models. They are, btw, _very_ well built; I'd think the likelihood of
needing any parts would be miniscule unless it's been terribly abused.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

--

Thanks! I backed away from it without seeing it, but I am thinking about looking to see if it is still available. I will check with General.

Bob