Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Voting Open (Picture Frame Contest)

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.php

Get yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:58:32 -0400, GarageWoodworks wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.php

Get yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch.

I voted for 5, which would have been stupendous in mahogany.

13 and 18 were great, too.

18 would have looked great in real mahogany rather than the new,
striped stuff.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/17/2012 11:27 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:58:32 -0400, GarageWoodworks wrote:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.php

Get yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch.

I voted for 5, which would have been stupendous in mahogany.

13 and 18 were great, too.

18 would have looked great in real mahogany rather than the new,
striped stuff.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.
-- Anna Quindlen

I like 5, 13 and 18 too. I was really blown away with the number of
entries. Granted many people entered frames that they made already, but
some actually made frames specifically for the contest which was great.

Some frames are already taking a good lead but it's still early.

Thanks for taking the time to vote!

-BG
Posted to rec.woodworking

I like 5, 13 and 18 too. I was really blown away with the number of
entries. Granted many people entered frames that they made already, but
some actually made frames specifically for the contest which was great.

Some frames are already taking a good lead but it's still early.

Thanks for taking the time to vote!

-BG

I also enjoyed 5, 13 and 18. I am fond of arts and crafts style and
liked 13 and 21 too. It was a tough choice for me between 9 and 15. I
love the looks of both frames but voted for 15 because I felt the
curly maple added a little special extra touch.

I love frames, photos and art. I am still working on tools. I am
hoping once my shed is fixed, I can start making frames like these.

`Casper
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
et...
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.php

Get yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch.

I've been really busy and missed this.... would have entered my sons' work!

They did all the work with hand tools starting with rough cut walnut. Some
photos of the process:

http://www.midhudsonwoodworkers.org/...nothermain.htm

Finished results at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Note the ribbon... Garrett Hack was one of the judges and he told me
afterwards it didn't hurt that their photos were in the frames. ;~) These
frames now reside with their grandmother.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
et...
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.php

Get yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch.

I've been really busy and missed this.... would have entered my sons' work!

I've started another contest that would be great for a kid or father and
son. It's an all hand tool contest where you make a toy. The winner
gets a Roy Underhill DVD.

Details he
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum...ad.php?tid=149

Picture Frame Dave Woodworking 3 September 25th 06 08:16 PM
Back for a 5x7 picture frame. Steve DeMars Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 03:00 AM
Back for a 5x7 picture frame. Theo Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 02:48 AM
PICTURE FRAME J T Woodworking 0 January 11th 05 06:52 AM
picture frame gary livingstone Woodworking 7 October 9th 03 12:01 AM